Small issue with autoupdate

I enabled client autoupdate in Protect and today first clients started to autoupdate, I don't know how they are notified about update, but Protect shows them in red (like it's a serious problem) with one alert "Security and stability update to newer version is prepared. Restart your computer for all changes to take effect."

I would very much like to NOT see them in red. I assume that they are still 100% protected? I mean that it's not like with usual updates where real-time protection is disabled and you must restart Windows to be fully protected.

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide more details of how the "red" status actually look like and which versions are you using? In case you are using EEA/EES for Windows 9.0, there was an security hotfix released today, and notification is most probably red because of severity, and that new version is not applied yet (it will be applied after reboot), even in case older version is fully operational, there was an issue that lead to hotfix, so upgrade should be applied as soon as possible to ensure minimal security risks.

In case you meant "red" state of version check, red color indicates that you are not using latest version, and also that current version is no longer available = indicating that there was an security issue.

Yes I'm talking about that kind of red :)

It's just that I use Computers" pane to quickly check what's going on (I just check that number that shows up on the left) and I found out that many computers were in red and I thought it was something very serious but it turned out to be just an update waiting to install. I was very relieved and upset at the same time for scaring me like that. Now I have to wait until Monday, because we have many computers that run 24/6.

Can you reconsider changing it so pending autoupdate isn't treated as serious issue (red notification) and instead change it to yellow? Or maybe some other color.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, kapela86 said:

Can you reconsider changing it so pending autoupdate isn't treated as serious issue (red notification) and instead change it to yellow? Or maybe some other color.

The thing is it's not a regular program update but an important security hotfix, hence the red warning.