You need to work a lot on your hips for zero day malware and unknown malware because you don't have any rules and because there are none preset any malware that is unknown with be able to fully run it should ask the user weather to allow it or block it. I have been an eset fan since version 3 and then the hips came along in 5 and is still not changed in  6,7,8 the problem is still here

Please fix this in the final version of 8 or I will be leaving eset for good.

• Administrators

This is not true. Advanced memory scanner utilizes HIPS to detect a huge volume of new malware without the need to update.

Please fix this in the final version of 8 or I will be leaving eset for good.

He is leaving eset for good ?

leaving the eset forum ? or leaving eset out of his testing ?

Sounds like he uses a lot of AV's if he is a tester.

Leaving lots of candy for eset for good ?

Im confused ? :wacko:

• Administrators

HIPS is not a magic that would protect against 100% of malware with no false positives. I dare to say that Advanced memory scanner outperforms HIPS-based solutions in terms of protection, false positives and usability (redundant prompt windows that normal user doesn't know how to respond to). What's more, v8 already has Smart mode for HIPS which will be a sort of interactive mode with prompts reduced to the bare minimum.

ESET v8 (BETA) also has an Botnet blocker. It can also blocks unknown malware which wants to use the computer in a botnet.