Can't update ESET Smart Security

I'm using version 14.0.22.0, which have problems concerning the interactive mode. 

The interactive mode is not working for months, and after a search I noticed it is a issue with this version. 

So I'm trying to update from 14.0.22.0 to 15.0.21.0, but the program won't update. Nothing happens when I press to update, not even the download starts. Even with the firewall off the download won't start. 

My operating system is Windows 7 64bits. Do I need some specific update for Windows so that I can update ESET? If so, which one? 

• Administrators

I'd recommend to uninstall v14 and install v15 from scratch. If you've had ESET installed for years, some very old firewall rules could get corrupted so a fresh installation will fix it all. This issue has already been fixed and in some cases we were also able to fix some rules automatically.

I was able to update from the initial screen. A warning appeared there and so I was able to download the update. 

However, interactive mode is still not working on version 15.0.21.0. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, FabioR said:

However, interactive mode is still not working on version 15.0.21.0. 

A fresh installation should fix it if the issue is caused by corruption of old fw rules. Alternatively you can reset product settings to defaults.

Hi. I've made a fresh installation and it is working now. 

I have been using ESET for many years, so yes, the data might have been corrupted.