Social Media Scanner Issues

Faisal M

Hello,

I'm trying to run the Social Media Scanner and include my friends profiles, but it runs and after a while I get 

Error performing scan

• Administrators

How many friends do you have on FB? With about 1000 and more, it may take hours to finish the scan and the scanner may time out.

Hello,

I'm trying to run the Social Media Scanner and include my friends profiles, but it runs and after a while I get 

Error performing scan

Hey!

I know it is not rocket science I come up with, but try to uninstall/reinstall Eset Social Media Scanner,to see if it will do a difference: How do I uninstall and reinstall the ESET Social Media Scanner?

Regards, Janus :-))

• ESET Staff

I had that once and the app actually explains the errors sometimes - in my case it was scanning fine except for one profile where a malicious link had been posted and while ESM was scanning that profile, the link was manually removed by my friend. So not always there need to be worries, but I've heard, that ESET might be working on an updated version of ESM already, too... ;)

Disable the module and your issues will disappear.

ESET Social Media Scanner
Stay Safe from Threats on Facebook
https://apps.facebook.com/eset-socmedscan/

THIS APP WILL RECEIVE:
  •  Your basic info
  •  Your email address
  •  Your likes
  •  Your photos
  •  Your status updates
  •  Friends' likes
  •  Photos shared with you
  •  Status updates shared with you

By clicking "Allow", you will turn on platform applications and your "How people bring your info to apps they use" settings will be reset to their defaults. 

• Administrators

Disabling the Social media scanner is not a solution that would help the user stay protected on Facebook. We'll see what he'll reply to my question.

Disable the module and your issues will disappear.