Will Eset / Nod32 Support Windows Mobile 8?

On the Purchase Home Antivirus and Security Software from ESET, it says

Windows Mobile 6.5, 6.1, 6.0 and 5.0.

However, when I called then the day, I thought they said it was supported (and it could just be a mistype).

I have a

• Windows Phone HTC Windows Phone 8X by HTC
  • T-Mobile Carrier US
  • Windows 8® 8.0
  • OS Version: 8.0.10327.0
  • Firmware Reversion Number: 3030.0.34101.531
  • Hardware  Software Version: 1.17b.32.19.14_15.62b.32.19
  • Radio Hardware Version: 3.36.0.D4
  • Bootloader Version: 0.0.3030.0(173542)
  • CHIP SOC Addess: 8260A

I am hoping that is all that is needed (i.e. IMEI, etc)

I have a EAV number - it was verified from the four computers that we have have but when I enter that number. It asked for the email address but that did not work. 

I am hoping that is all that is needed (i.e. IMEI, etc)  I basically need a cell number to enter so that I can find the phone, I knew I should have gotten eSet Windows Mobile when we renewed 6 weeks ago.  On Purchase Home Antivirus and Security Software from ESET, a two year license is $7.34 (and then I click that radio button it says:)

Windows Mobile 6.5, 6.1, 6.0 and 5.0

The total was $27.84.  But then I went thru it again and it was $7.34 (it had been less than 2 months for that renewal).  I read that you get the discount as long as you re-new within 2 months. 

Since eSet is in the Windows Mobile 8 store, I would imagine that it is supported.  I am pretty sure that I had it on there the last time (a few months back).

I am ready to buy, it is in my cart for the $7.43 - but waiting on confirmation from some experts that hopefully have this installed / working on Windows Mobile 8.

Thank you!
Corey

• Administrators

The latest version of Windows Mobile created by Microsoft is 6.5. Probably you're referring to Windows Phone 8 which is a different OS platform. The platform is closed in terms of what operations installed applications are permitted to perform and thus no fully functional antivirus product can be developed for this platform.

OK, when I called last week, they said I could upgrade it.  I decided to go ahead and upgrade it. It asked me for a phone number and transaction ID. But I don't think it worked - the font was white and I just could not read what it said.  Besides the IMEI and a couple of other things, resolution is 720X1280.

Comodo had something, but I just need something to help me locate my phone - I usually leave it turned off; so if it is not out of power, I am hoping that one of the eSet codes will help.

Maybe there is a browser version for me to sign into - instead of relying on someone else's cell number.  I would hate to think that they would wipe or lock the phone as a joke.