Secure Data HELP pls

Hello,

I recently reinstalled my windows and therefore the ESET premium smart with it. I had a file encrypted with Secrure Data, and when I wanted to open it, I forgot that it was necessary to check before the option in the menu. So I made an open file association with the GUI and now unable to open the file. I deleted the associations in the regedit, I completely uninstalled Eset (with eset uninstaller) I tried to open it with the 2 .exe files which are in the securedata folder and it does not work either, that just opens the eset interface to me.

Thx for your help

• ESET Staff

Hello,

ESET Smart Security Premium requires you to specify a password when encrypting data.

1. Please can you give me more information about the encrypted file in question. Is it a Virtual Disk file? Or something else?
  2. Do you know the password for the file you are attempting to access?
  3. Specifically what happens when you attempt to open the encrypted file?
Edited by JPritchard

• ESET Staff

Hello,

This is a rather tricky problem to guide you through on a forum. For this reason you may want to reach out to ESET support for further help.

If you want to continue this discussion here, then we need to first reset the file associations.

As you have made manual adjustments to the file associatations in the registry, you may want to re-install Windows again to reset these file association settings. I'm afraid that re-installing ESSP doesn't reset the Secure Data file associations and as you have only recently installed Windows from scratch, I am hopeful that it won't be a complicated process to do this again.

After re-installing Windows, install ESSP and enable the Secure Data module. From this stage, I would like to know exactly what happens when attempting to open your Virtual Disk.

Does it prompt for the Virtual Disk password?

the problem is solved

I mounted a VM with a windows or I installed ESET with a new virtual disk and I exported the association registry key that I imported on my PC

Edited by T4T0R
change