Rule For Different Language Characters

Is there any posibility to create rule to block as spam emails composed in specified languages like chines, russian? Something like "language filter"

• ESET Support

Hello and welcome to forum :)

Currently, in spamcatcher.conf configuration file, it is possible to use the 'home_language_list' setting where you can define languages that are the most used in your email messages. Please refer to page 20 of our product manual for additional information.

Hope this helps.

Hello and welcome to forum :)

Currently, in spamcatcher.conf configuration file, it is possible to use the 'home_language_list' setting where you can define languages that are the most used in your email messages. Please refer to page 20 of our product manual for additional information.

Hope this helps.

I know this "home_language_list" option from documentation, but it is not what Im asking for. I would like to block every message which was in specified languages.

You might have to use a gateway, or email client rule lists for the desired effect you may be looking for.

You could block a domain, but then the foreign language spam could simply use another domain to come from.

I wonder if this is a feature ESET could implement in the future. *Block all mail from specified foreign language based off subject line, sender, or body."

• ESET Support

I know this "home_language_list" option from documentation, but it is not what Im asking for. I would like to block every message which was in specified languages.

I'm afraid there is no way in current version to create such rule. Also, based on the information I have, it might be difficult to analyze mail for a language reliably.

Sorry for any inconvenience.