Errors after upgrading to v8.1.2037.2 (ESET Endpoint Security)

IggyAl
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,
I have just seen that there is an update for ESET Endpoint Security products, and I am starting to upgrade the computers of my company. I have updated two computers and I am getting these errors (via e-mail Notification):

"27/09/2021 16:11:30 - Durante la ejecución de Cortafuegos en el ordenador Server tuvo lugar el siguiente suceso: Se ha producido un error al iniciar el servidor Proxy. El análisis de los protocolos de aplicaciones (HTTP, POP3, IMAP) no funcionará.
27/09/2021 16:11:31 - Durante la ejecución de Cortafuegos en el ordenador Server tuvo lugar el siguiente suceso: Se produjo un error al iniciar los servicios del cortafuegos. El cortafuegos no funcionará.
27/09/2021 16:11:32 - Durante la ejecución de Cortafuegos en el ordenador Server tuvo lugar el siguiente suceso: Se produjo un error durante la instalación del controlador epfwwfp."

(TRANSLATED)

"09/27/2021 16:11:30 - During Firewall execution on the Server computer, the following event occurred: An error occurred when starting the Proxy server. The analysis of application protocols (HTTP, POP3, IMAP) will not work.
09/27/2021 4:11:31 PM - During Firewall execution on the Server computer the following event occurred: An error occurred when starting the firewall services. The firewall will not work.
09/27/2021 16:11:32 - During Firewall execution on the Server computer the following event occurred: An error occurred during the installation of the epfwwfp driver. "

Is it normal? Have I to do something more?

Thanks, Iggy.

Edited by IggyAl

• Administrators

Do the errors persist after rebooting the machine?

If so, please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and post the generated archive here.

Just now, Marcos said:

Do the errors persist after rebooting the machine?

If so, please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and post the generated archive here.

Hey Marcos,

I only receive this error one time, via e-mail Notification (we have some Notifications enabled), and after rebooting it works all perfectly.

Is there a way to avoid this notification?

• Administrators
  • Solution

I'd recommend enabling automatic updates in the advanced update setup which will update Endpoint automatically to a newer version after the next computer restart to avoid the problem with the need to restart the computer during work hours. Automatic program updates are typically released about 2 months after the release of a new version of Endpoint.

image.png