Is it possible to update modules from removable media?

In ESET Endpoint and ESET for Microsoft servers there is an option to "Allow module updates from removable media", is there something similar for ESET File Security for Linux?

Thanks in advance

Hi Marcos! 

Thank you for your reply, I am using the mirror tool. 

After I have downloaded an offline repo with help of the Mirror tool, how do I update ESET File Security for Linux?

On Microsoft servers and ESET Endpoint for windows, one can simply select the "Allow module updates from removable media" option in set-up and then mount the offline repo. How would I do something similar for ESET File Security for Linux?

• Administrators

You just transfer mirrored files to the Linux machine and set the path to the update files in the Update server field after disabling the "Update automatically" setting.

Hi Marcos!

I can't find a "Update Automatically" setting. I am talking about ESET File Security For Linux. In Setup you can select "Update", and then there are options under "Basic", as well as more options under "Primary Server" and "Secondary Server". Where shall I set the path to the update files?

Thank you Marcos! 

I get the error: Server not found. (when running the command ./upd -u from /opt/eset/efs/bin)

Could you give an example of the path format? I tried paths like: /opt/eset/eset_upd/ , /opt/eset/eset_upd/ep8,  

@Marcos I do not believe it works to update Linux components from local offline repo. Are you sure that this works? The documentation for this is also lacking.  

• ESET Staff

Hi MaxN,

this feature isn't right now officially supported, but afaik, it should work. To update from a local directory, for example, /updates/eset, type in the Update server field: file:///updates/eset/

Regards,

Peter.