Banking Protection not responding

Hi, due to Norton giving me a lot of issues and not responding. I switched to Eset, to try the trial for 30 days.

One of the features Banking Protection is not responding. I tried clicking the icon multiples times, switch it off from the panel, restart the pc, nothing worked.

Also one weird issue, when switching the secure all browsers, none of the browsers open at all. Only after switching the secure all browsers off, browsers start opening. 

• Administrators

The log package is incomplete. The ESET folder as well as the basic operational log collector_log.txt are missing.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

The log package is incomplete. The ESET folder as well as the basic operational log collector_log.txt are missing.

Hi, I followed the same instruction's as provided

• Administrators

Please try to collects logs once more and make sure that the operational log collector_log.txt is included in the root of the archive. This log is created even if ELC crashes during log collection.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Thankful said:

I am also receiving the following message:
"The secured browser could not be started.
associated error code: 0x847694e4"

Does the issue occur after installation? Does it persist after rebooting the machine? Do not just shut it down but reboot.

I'm having the same issue since yesterday. Used it on my computer for 3 years no problems. It's got me really worried and stressed because I relied on it for so many important financial things to give me security.

Everytime I click it, I can see it try to open a window on my task bar. It immediately disappears without launching. 

I got a new modem ( xfinity xb7) and I updated eset yesterday at the same time. I've tried so many things. I've used the uninstaller in safe mode, reinstalled. I've tried different options including rebooting after disabling and then re enabling. I got a new pc I've not set up yet and I wanted to purchase it for a new device but now I'm afraid it will have same problem. 

I did run the log creator but I dont know what information that gives out so I'm afraid to post it here honestly. Is it safe? I really need to figure this out or I'm going to have to find an alternative soon. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Lordbrettcarve said:

I'm having the same issue since yesterday. Used it on my computer for 3 years no problems. It's got me really worried and stressed because I relied on it for so many important financial things to give me security.

What OS do you use and what is your default browser?
Does the issue persist even with the latest Banking and payment protection module 1225?

As for submitting logs, only the OP and ESET staff can access files uploaded to our forum.

Hi, did the resubmitted logs by me give any details as to why this is happening? 

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

What OS do you use and what is your default browser?
Does the issue persist even with the latest Banking and payment protection module 1225?

As for submitting logs, only the OP and ESET staff can access files uploaded to our forum.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Valerio Viegas said:

Hi, did the resubmitted logs by me give any details as to why this is happening?

If the problem persists even after a computer restart, please raise a support ticket with your local ESET distributor. One of the users here replied that the issue went away after a reboot.

You can also try:
1, uninstalling and installing ESET from scratch
2, setting a different browser as the default one
3, uninstalling and installing your default browser from scratch.

I would add that Chrome had an update a couple of days ago which may have messed things up.

I reinstalled Chrome and did not save any of my bookmarks or extensions.  So, I had to add extensions and bookmarks again.   I then restarted my computer.

This fixed the problem for me.