Anti Theft Login Report Email everytime I login to!

Hi,

This has started since February 2021. Whenever I login or restart my PC, I receive an email as below:

image.png.43a41880b99c6ccb740315af098fba93.png

I have reported this to ESET support several times since April, but no response yet!

Is there any real support for the users or only bots?

I am very disappointed with ESET support.

Sean

• Administrators

It looks like you keep logging into your phantom account. You should avoid that and log into your regular password-protected account.

Just now, Marcos said:

It looks like you keep logging into your phantom account. You should avoid that and log into your regular password-protected account.

I was not loging into my phantom account at all! I always log into my owen user account only and right after than I receive this email.

I think there might be a secutiry risk or my system might be hacked or a trojan! 

Please guide me!

Thank you!

• Administrators

It looks like you have 2 machines with the same name and different phantom accounts. Do you use a dual-boot system and Anti-theft is enabled on both? One phantom account is S...E and the other one is D...A.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

It looks like you have 2 machines with the same name and different phantom accounts. Do you use a dual-boot system and Anti-theft is enabled on both? One phantom account is S...E and the other one is D...A.

No there is only one PC having two S... and D... phantom accounts created. I couldn't delete D... or rename it. 

But considering these alerts problem had started before creating the second phantom account, it couldn't be the reason.

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

We've made a fix to the double phantom accounts. Have the notifications stopped coming?

I think you have completely turned the phantom account login notifications off! I tried logged in hours ago and have not received any notificaiton email! 

Is really there any reason you might guess why am I receiving these anti theft emails?

Am I at risk of a trojan or virus or hack attack?

Please let me know how can I get assured on this concern?

Anytime I login to my computer I receive the anti theft email notification alerting someone has loged into my phantom account.

Looking forward to hearing from you support!

This is a "cousin" to my Mobile Security issue where there were many instances of "Incorrect screen lock code entered" = Suspicious Activity, AND the Incorrect entries were Not By Me. My daily Lock Screen code entries Always Worked.

The phone showed Locked "Sometimes" BUT Actually was not; Backspacing, etc. always returned the screen.

Re-install didn't help and I accepted that Sppt had an understandably hard time diagnosing something from x thousand miles away.

I DID wonder IF someone was remotely attempting a Login, even though 98% of my "pretty cautious" web surfing is via desktop.

8 minutes ago, COStark26 said:

This is a "cousin" to my Mobile Security issue where there were many instances of "Incorrect screen lock code entered" = Suspicious Activity, AND the Incorrect entries were Not By Me. My daily Lock Screen code entries Always Worked.

The phone showed Locked "Sometimes" BUT Actually was not; Backspacing, etc. always returned the screen.

Re-install didn't help and I accepted that Sppt had an understandably hard time diagnosing something from x thousand miles away.

I DID wonder IF someone was remotely attempting a Login, even though 98% of my "pretty cautious" web surfing is via desktop.

Hi

This is irrelevant to this topic we had created here. Please create a new topic for your probelm to get answered.

Thank you!

I DO have a Thread in the Mobile Security Forum. I was attempting to show, assuming commonality in mobile & desktop Eset, that the Apps were sensing Non-user caused issues, and maybe Sppt knowing similar "phantom" intrusions were occurring might help.

No intent to steal your thread.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just received an email stating someone logged into my computer with the Phantom account. I am pretty sure I didn't do this.

Is this something to look into? 

Thanks

• Administrators
8 hours ago, josy said:

I just received an email stating someone logged into my computer with the Phantom account. I am pretty sure I didn't do this.

Is this something to look into?

As long as your my.eset.com account with your forum registration email address is concerned, you don't have Anti-Theft enabled on any device that is associated with that account. Maybe you have also another my.eset.com account registered with a different email address.

If you receive a notification every time you log in to your computer, you must be logging to the phantom account.