Turn off or uninstall

Go to solution Solved by Tobias,

Hi,

I wish to trial another product for 2 weeks.

It looks like I have uninstall Eset I.S.

Would it be possible simply to turn it off for this period?

Looking forward to some clarification.

Thx

1 hour ago, Lethal said:

I wish to trial another product for 2 weeks.

I assume you are referring to another Eset consumer product such as NOD32 or Smart Security Premium.

Only one Eset security solution can be installed at any given time due to unique system modifications made by each product.

Hi itman,

You assumed wrong and therefore subsequently provided the wrong advise.

Looking forward to your clarification.

The established procedure that pertains to running two security solutions with a real-time scanning component is at a minimum, only one real-time component be allowed to run. The other security solution real-time component must be disabled. This stated, there is no guaranty that running both solutions concurrently will not cause system conflicts.

As far as Eset is concerned, permanently disabling its real-time protection will cause Win 10 to immediately enable Microsoft Defender as the active real-time protection. As such, you will have to contend with that issue.

Finally, there is no way to fully disable all Eset protection mechanisms other than by uninstalling it.

Hi itman,

Would NEVER dream of running two fully fledged security apps (malware is different).

It is VERY unfortunate that I have to uninstall for the trial then, VERY.

Thx for your advises.

regards

Lethal

• Solution

Hello Lethal,

Theoretically it is possible to disable the ESET services on your computer (assuming you are using a Windows PC) i do not advice doing this.

To be clear, my advice is to deïnstall ESET first then install your trail anti virus, why? because these anti-virussen although they will install and most likely work side by side, they will get in each others way inevitably, which means you wont get the most out of your trail.

Disabling the ESET services through services.msc (you have to somehow disable ESET self protection first) theoretically disables ESET with leaving it installed. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regard,

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for 'buying in'...really.

Got you...'theoretically'.

I have uninstalled and are running the new one.

Did a restart in between...all good, just a shame.

cheers

Lethal

This is also noted in regards to uninstalling Eset.

It has a settings Export feature that will save all current Eset settings. As such, Eset can be uninstalled then painlessly re-installed with all previous customization's restored via Eset settings Import feature.