ESET asks me for my original password but will not retrieve it for me

Go to solution Solved by peteyt,

I am trying to reset my ESET password.  I invoke the “forgot password” and then it asks me for the original password.  It will not tell me what it is.  So then I am stymied.

• Administrators

If you are referring to the password at my.eset.com, you only enter your account email address, not the original password:

image.png

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution
1 hour ago, KEW said:

I am trying to reset my ESET password.  I invoke the “forgot password” and then it asks me for the original password.  It will not tell me what it is.  So then I am stymied.

Is it your myeset password or do you mean for the program settings

The link  below explains how to do both. Is it not asking for an email address?

https://support.eset.com/en/kb6915-unlock-your-settings-password-in-eset-windows-home-products-112-and-later

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

Is it your myeset password or do you mean for the program settings

The link  below explains how to do both. Is it not asking for an email address?

https://support.eset.com/en/kb6915-unlock-your-settings-password-in-eset-windows-home-products-112-and-later

After I change the password using the password reset link, then it asks me for the original password I used when I first set up my ESET account.  I can’t so then it doesn’t finish the password reset.

Just now, KEW said:

After I change the password using the password reset link, then it asks me for the original password I used when I first set up my ESET account.  I can’t so then it doesn’t finish the password reset.

I will give this a try.  Thanks.