Username/Password for Linux AV 8

Hi, 

I'm having issues activating the new Linux 8 AV. if followed the guide and used both license key and password methods however im recieving the errors 

ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Cannot read from socket: Connection closed  & ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Service closed connection

My firewall is off so i know i'm not getting blocked, so do i need a different credentials for activation? 

• 1 month later...

My License ID is: 3AF-5FE-NPA

I've seen another topic that has the same issue as im mentioning and to resolve it, it seems some users are given a priviate message with the required information. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Odain Henry said:

My License ID is: 3AF-5FE-NPA

I've seen another topic that has the same issue as im mentioning and to resolve it, it seems some users are given a priviate message with the required information.

This is a license for Endpoint and File Security, not for home products. As such, you can download ESET Endpoint Antivirus v8 and activate it using your license key. You don't need any username and password.

Hi Marcos,

I have the following Installed on  Redhat Linux Server:

image.thumb.png.c3067385f20d39b7d6dddc983160ee23.png

However when i run the command to activate the license as this cannot be done via the GUI like the previous version 4.0 thus, getting the following alerts:

image.thumb.png.9482ffb46b94fc3b5a5e4b0a4dca1626.png

the command im using to activate is the one given in the guide, ive tried the the following: 

lic -k "with Licesne Key"

/opt/eset/eea/sbin/lic -u with "username and password" neither command seems to work to activate the product. 

Please let me know if im doing something wrong here? 

• ESET Staff

Hello

Could you please provide us with log files. They will be needed for investigating the issue.

It is needed to enable ECP logging as mentioned in following article, activate product with error, and than collect the log files using collect_logs.sh script.

https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/collect-logs.html

Thank you.

Hi Marcos,

See the Attached logs and a screenshot of the error i received when i run the command.

image.thumb.png.69c25177091e3549446474fa1e08044f.png

Based on the error could you confirm what dns or ip the that the activation server is located on so i can confirm that we are not blocking the connection from our side. 

Regards

Odain Henry

eea_logs.tar.zip