New problem with schedule scan!

Boris

Every saturday Nod doing wekly "in-depth" scan of all my drives. Checked "scan wthout cleaning". Last two times I have this situation and Nod never stops or finished with scaning. Check the picture.

captureqaw.jpg

Then, I need to restart my comp to stop Nod32 to scaning. Star schedule scan again with same setting, and result is that hi didn't find anything?!

Any solutions?

Thanks and

With Best Regards.

• Administrators

Please post the on-demand scan log details containing the full path to detected files as well as the threat name and the action taken.

For now, it isn't possible. Why? This scans never finished...I need to restar my computer, then when I look in scan logs I don't see any threat also. Then, when I manualy star this weekly task I get this

captureelk.jpg

Nex time when the schedule scan start again, I will try to get more info but I need more help from you, because in scan log I don't see any problem but Nod32 schow 2 threats this zime like I show on first picture.

Best Regards.

Edited by Boris

• Administrators

If you double-click an on-demand scan log record, it should open a new window with scan details.

Yes, I know this. I will inform you if I get infected files in my logs. Test is on saturday.

Best Regards.

Ok, on this saturday scheduled scan works ok, but I find some illogical things.

Let start from first schedule scan. I setit up Nod to scan without cleaning and hi find 4 threat, please chec pic

capib.jpg

Then when I scann first file like separate one I get this

capiiy.jpg

This file is secure like I see on file reputation and after 2nd scan clean

capturevis.jpg

I check with all other files and get the same results.

Later I get more illogical things Nod32 find 18 viruses, but when I scanned againg hi did'nt find anything. Every time Nod32 scan without cleaning, with diferent and confusing results.

capiii.jpg

Best Regards.

Edited by Boris

• Administrators

What's the difference between the scans with ~681,000 files scanned and ~396,000 files scanned? If the latter was a scheduled scan, too, why is the number of scanned files so much smaller?

As for the last scheduled scan (681,442 files) when no threat was detected, I see that memory was not scanned this time. Did you disable memory scanning intentionally? If so, does re-enabling memory scan trigger detection again?

Please also post information about installed modules from the About window as well as information about the oper. system and platform (x86/x64).

For the first question I d0n't know the answer, just this that the last scheduled scan is from 8.6. 21:57 with 396.181 files scanned. I didn't change anything in setup. Jus right click on schedulere and run this task now.

I will perform again scheduled scan with right click just now.

Virus signature database: 8431 (20130610)
Update module: 1042 (20130123)
Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1393 (20130516)
Advanced heuristics module: 1139 (20130208)
Archive support module: 1169 (20130521)
Cleaner module: 1072 (20130524)
Anti-Stealth support module: 1043 (20130322)
ESET SysInspector module: 1233 (20130320)
Real-time file system protection module: 1006 (20110921)
Translation support module: 1100 (20121205)
HIPS support module: 1083 (20130604)
Internet protection module: 1059 (20130529)
Database module: 1036 (20130417)

Using Win7 pro x64, check the pic

capturesek.jpg

Best Regards.

Last scheduler scan

captureeuh.jpg

captureiiec.jpg

Every time diferent results?!

Do I need to clean this, leave, try again...what?

Best Regards.

• Administrators

Please create a package (rar/zip) containing the following stuff:

- all *.dat files in the ESET install folder

- dump of ekrn.exe (right-click ekrn.exe and select Create dump file)

- SysInspector log

Also I'll drop you a pm with further instructions where to upload the package.

Could you confirm or deny that these detections occur only if you run a scheduled scan and not when you run a smart scan or on-demand scan of the whole disk via gui?

Ok Markos, tell me how to send you files? Send me some detailed instructions.

Last results with on-demand in-depth scan

captureooq.jpg

Now I will try, smart scan.

Best Regards.

Edited by Boris

• Administrators

First of all, we'd need you to reliably reproduce the detection. Do you know if something has changed between when the FP was detected during a scheduled scan and the last scan when nothing was detected? (e.g. the computer was restarted in the mean time, a specific application was running when the FP was detected, etc.). Try to run scheduled scans from time to time and try to find a common pattern when the detection is triggered.

• Administrators

How to send you files? I prepare everything what you ask me.

Best Regards.

I assume you prepared the files yesterday when you were able to reproduce the FP, right? Then you can upload the package to our ftp server as per the instructions I sent you yesterday (check your private messages by clicking the envelope in the right-hand upper corner of the forum).

Anyways, I assumed the detection can be reproduced at any time when a scheduled disk scan with operating memory selected among targets is run which doesn't seem to be the case (as you couldn't reproduce it today any more). Please try to find out the common pattern when the FP is detected as this is very important information for us.

Ok, first when I do schedule scan on satturday morning I just turn on the computer, then in about 15 min, Nod starts to schedule in-depth scan without claening. Results is to find a couple of threats. After that, I try to start scheduled scan again and hi find diferent threats (not same quantity). Then, I want to try on-demand in-depth scan of system (same parameters like scheduled), but Nod didn't want to start. Ok.

I need to restart my computer, start on-demand full scan, and hi didn't find any threats. Smart scan also didn't find anything. Yesterday I try Eset online scanner, and program blocked after aprox 780000 scanned files but hi also didnt find anything.

I will try with schduled scan, but I'm at work now and it is difficult to see which app is on or not.

Best Regards.

• 3 weeks later...