help with credentials when updating eset products from eset local mirror server

hie helpers and developers

i work at a cafe. I monitor the cafe on behalf of my manager. the cafe started since way back and we have been in trouble because people downloaded files and programs which were infected and crashed our computers .the computers for users are desktops and we have 43. After a while me and my manaer bought ESET ENDPOINT SECURITY and bought a license for fifty computers. We also setup the mirror server with default settings such as port 2221 for providing updating through http and many clever people would hack using wifi to update their eset endpoint products. We tried to change the port but this made other desktops fail to connect. we allowed the new port 3 through eset firewall on all computers because we disabled windows firewall and we have no other firewall installed except eset. Now i turned on ntml authentication on eset mirror server so what would be the usernames and passwords for clients since the documentation of eset is complicated and i dont understand. please i want to know how to create eset usernames and passwords for clients. my manager wants this to work because he is very strict when it comes to programs .please just help me how to configure credentials for clients to update from update server. we only use the http server method to update

• Administrators

As for NTLM authentication for mirror, you don't create any usernames / passwords but you use existing credentials to authenticate against the computer creating a mirror.

I think he is referring to either the local username and password to login, or the domain credentials.

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

I think he is referring to either the local username and password to login, or the domain credentials.

Exactly :) Sorry for being unclear.