ESET Banking

Go to solution Solved by kes32,

Just downloaded trial version . Please excuse very limited knowledge of I/T.    I will be using for Online Banking and would appreciate knowing if any extra adjustments are needed to the downloaded trial to ensure banking safety.  Also would like to know which browswer the 'safe browser' is using.  My previous internet security used my default browser but not sure about ESET.  Thanks for any advice/recommendations.

• Administrators

ESET uses the default system browser as a secure browser. If you are using Edge 88, redirection to the secure browser doesn't work currently and we recommend launching it via the desktop icon.

No extra protection settings are needed, just make sure to enable LiveGrid reputation and feedback system during or after installation.

'just make sure to enable LiveGrid reputation and feedback system during or after installation.'

Marcos...... where do I find these now it is installed

In addition to previous question - what about 'enable protection from potentially unwanted applications' do I tick this ?

• Most Valued Members

For my usage , I enable Unwanted Application detection and also the Unsafe Applications detections and then I could choose which to exclude from the detections as they help for extra protection

To enable LiveGrid : https://support.eset.com/en/kb7109-enable-or-disable-eset-livegrid-in-windows-eset-home-products

• Most Valued Members
32 minutes ago, kes32 said:

In addition to previous question - what about 'enable protection from potentially unwanted applications' do I tick this ?

Enabling potential unwanted programs can be good but can confuse people.

Basically these are for programs that aren't technically malware but might be risky e.g. they could come with other unwanted extras, might be from a company with bad rep etc. When enabled it comes down to user preference when something is flagged

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, kes32 said:

Marcos...... where do I find these now it is installed

Both should be enabled for maximum protection:

image.png

13 hours ago, peteyt said:

Enabling potential unwanted programs can be good but can confuse people.

Basically these are for programs that aren't technically malware but might be risky e.g. they could come with other unwanted extras, might be from a company with bad rep etc. When enabled it comes down to user preference when something is flagged

I leave it enabled since I don't really understand.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, kes32 said:

I leave it enabled since I don't really understand.

I recommend having it enabled anyways. But if something flags as potentially unwanted it technically isn't a virus.

This link explains it kind of and in a basic way https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/PUP

It could simply be a program that comes bundled with an installer. Often though it's program that might have bad privacy policies and general bad practices. When it flags up its often up to the user to decide.