eset_rtp.ko

Vishal
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Error de ESET Endpoint Antivirus: Cannot open file /lib/modules/5.8.0-36-generic/eset/eea/eset_rtp.ko: No such file or directory
Error de ESET Endpoint Antivirus: Initialization of system handler for on-access scan has failed. Please update your OS and restart your computer, then check system log>

Tried to upgrade packages and install latest kernel. Also tried to uninstall and install again the endpoint. Problem still continues.

Linux Ubuntu 20.04.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please install the latest version of Endpoint Antivirus for Linux 7.1.9.0:

• Fixed: Real-time file system protection does not work on new Ubuntu 20.04 kernel 5.8.0-36

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, JasonLFL said:

Marcos,

I've got 7.1.9.0 installed - the eea/eset packages still insists that kernel 5.4 be installed even though the system is running on kernel 5.8.  It compiles the .ko against 5.4 rather than 5.8.

At this point, it's not updating the detection engine nor is real-time file system protection running.

image.thumb.png.495e03a2bce24895301e13db81c5acac.png

Hello

Could you please provide us with log files from affected machine?

To collect log files please follow instructions in manual:

https://help.eset.com/eeau/7/en-US/collect-logs.html

Upload log files to ftp.nod.sk/support/

And provide us with information about file name.

Also recommendation I would suggest is to completely uninstall product, check if you have installed krenel, kernel-devel and kernel-headers in same version for kernel which is actually in use.

Thank you.

• ESET Staff
21 hours ago, JasonLFL said:

Hi JJ,

I've pushed the logs to the ftp server.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now - same issue each time.  When EEA/ESET packages are installed, it automatically downloads everything for 5.4 kernel.  If I try to uninstall the 5.4 kernel packages, EEA/ESET is included in the items to be removed as they are dependent on the 5.4 kernel.

Hello

Could you please provide me with the file name, I will need it to identify the file with log files. Please send me the file name via PM. I will check the logs and let you know.

Thank you

• ESET Staff

Hello JasonLFL

Thank you for provided log files.

I checked them and it looks there are more issue at this machine:

02/15/2021 10:05:39 AM,Real-time protection service,Syscall init_module returns error: Operation not permitted,root
02/15/2021 10:05:39 AM,Real-time protection service,"Initialization of system handler for on-access scan has failed. Please update your OS and restart your computer, then check system logs.",root
02/15/2021 10:06:40 AM,Updating service,Error updating Antivirus modules: Update information is not consistent.,eset-eea-updated

02/10/2021 02:27:21 PM,Updating service,Error updating Antivirus modules: Update information is not consistent.,eset-eea-updated
02/10/2021 03:02:36 PM,Licensing service,Cannot receive data from server: Network is unreachable,eset-eea-licensed
02/10/2021 03:02:36 PM,Licensing service,Cannot receive data from server: Network is unreachable,eset-eea-licensed
02/04/2021 12:22:02 PM,Licensing service,Cannot read from file /var/opt/eset/eea/licensed/license_cfg.json: Permission denied,eset-eea-licensed
02/04/2021 12:22:02 PM,Real-time protection service,Syscall init_module returns error: Operation not permitted,root

There are issues with access rights and also with reaching our update servers and modules update. It could be caused by installing the product with lack of privileges etc. I would suggest to uninstall it and install with root privileges. And also check connection to our servers.

Here you can find which ports and IPs needs to be reachable:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall

Also issue could be caused by secure boot please check if it is enabled. In case it is enabled it is needed to disable it because secure boot is not supported.

You can use following commands to check the state of secure boot:

sudo apt-get install mokutil
mokutil --sb-state