Conflict with MacOS Big Sur 11.1 and V6.10.460.1's Email client protection

I am experiencing a conflict between my just updated MacOS Big Sur v11.1 and ESET Cyber Security Pro V6.10.460.1's Email client protection. When enabled the default mail app on my mac fails to connect to any e-mail servers though the protection proxy. When I disable the "Email client protection" (Web access protection and Anti-Phishing protection still enabled), the mail app is able to connect and sync mailboxes. This wasn't a problem with V6.10.460.1 with Big Sur v11.0.1, so something in the MacOS update change something and now the ESET email client protection when enabled basically prevents mail retrieval. Would appreciate some guidance on what is conflicting and how to fix this issue.

• Administrators

What protocol is used to download email? POP3/IMAPS or POP3S/IMAPS? What ports does ECSP listen on? Didn't you add ports 995 / 993 to the list of default ports?

I'm having the same issue.  The "new" version of ESET won't install, and there's a warning that the system isn't protected.  Is ESET working on a fix?  Thanks 

• Administrators

26 minutes ago, dcbrown1 said:

I'm having the same issue.  The "new" version of ESET won't install, and there's a warning that the system isn't protected.  Is ESET working on a fix?  Thanks 

Please refer to https://support.eset.com/en/news7604-eset-support-of-macos-11-big-sur:

Does it work with Big Sur 11.1?

If you have installed the Big Sur-compatible version of your ESET product for Mac before upgrade to 11.1, it will work.

If you upgraded first to Big Sur 11.1, you cannot install your ESET product for Mac at this moment.
This problem will be addressed in upcoming releases of ESET products for Mac.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

What protocol is used to download email? POP3/IMAPS or POP3S/IMAPS? What ports does ECSP listen on? Didn't you add ports 995 / 993 to the list of default ports?

The ESET Email Protection settings are and remain the ESET "default", where both POP3 and IMAP are enabled, with POP3 using ports 110, 995 and IMAP using 143, 585, 993.

Note: I had installed ESET v6.10.460.1 while still on MacOS Big Sur v11.0.1 and everything worked fine, including the mail connection/retrievals.  I was able to update to Big Sur v11.1 yesterday and upon boot into the OS, I noticed all the e-mail accounts were stuck on "connecting..." and eventually timing out and going offline in the default MacOS mail app. When I turn off/disable the E-mail client protection, the mailbox connections and retrievals work again.  I've left the option turned off so I can get my e-mails, but it is annoying to see the red hazard icon warning me of "Disabled Protection".   I had changed nothing within ESET's default settings and nothing within the MacOS other than installing the v11.1 delta update to my previous v11.01.  There is something that changed within the MacOS v11.1 update that perhaps affects ESET's Email client protection. Web access protection and Anti-Phishing protections on the surface seem to be unaffected.

Edited by M M T

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 12:22 PM, Marcos said:

Please refer to https://support.eset.com/en/news7604-eset-support-of-macos-11-big-sur:

Does it work with Big Sur 11.1?

If you have installed the Big Sur-compatible version of your ESET product for Mac before upgrade to 11.1, it will work.

If you upgraded first to Big Sur 11.1, you cannot install your ESET product for Mac at this moment.
This problem will be addressed in upcoming releases of ESET products for Mac.

Has this been corrected and fixed? My new MacBook Air came with Big Sur 11.1, I have tried to install ESET and it errors out due to the latest Mac OS. When will the fix be available?

• 4 weeks later...