Scan get stuck at 99%

DoLikeMee

I recently install eset nod32 and it's all good, but wen I do a scan it reaches the 99% and never finish.. I leave  it for moore than 1 hour after reaching 99, but still won't finish.. I also have tried custom scan but its the same thing.. Why is this taking so mutch time?

• Administrators

Try temporarily enabling logging of all scanned objects in the appropriate on-demand scan profile setup. This way you'll see what file is being scanned which would also help you narrow it down to a file or folder on which the scan gets stuck.

• Administrators

What is the last record in the scan log when the scan stalls? Please copy and paste the whole line here.

It depends but the one ho take longer was  (C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicepackcoordinator_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_90b613bc4141fa81\spinstall.exe - is OK)

Its this?

Edited by DoLikeMee

• Administrators

If you select only the folder "C:\Windows\winsxs" to scan, will the scan complete fine? Does disabling scanning of archives and sfx archives make a difference?

I'm willing to connect remotely to your computer and check it out myself if nothing helps.

Im making a scan on that folder to see.. How i disable scanning of archives and sfx archives?

Edited by DoLikeMee

• 9 months later...

Same problem here.  My scan hangs at System.Workflow.Runtime.dll (99%).  Infections have been found but I can't do anything about them because the scan won't complete.  I'm running Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit.  Any ideas as to how to get this product to work properly?  Thanks!

Gary

• Administrators

Same problem here.  My scan hangs at System.Workflow.Runtime.dll (99%).  Infections have been found but I can't do anything about them because the scan won't complete.  I'm running Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit.  Any ideas as to how to get this product to work properly?  Thanks!

If you scan just this particular file or folder in which the file is located, does the problem occur as well?

Yet another. XP 64 bit.
Interestingly, first I ran the default scan for both disks C: and D: and it get stuck at  98% (successfully scanned c: and almost all d:), then custom scan for only c: and... it hangs on 99%.

• Administrators

For how long did you wait for the scan to finish? It could be that it's scanning large archives or folders with many files inside towards the end of the scan and thus it seems to be stuck on 99%.