Preserve Last Access Date Timestamp

DaveB-Opt
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi - our last access date timestamps in Windows 10 always show as today's date.

I'm guessing this is due to the real time protection from ESET?

I can't seem to find an option for preserving these timestamps in the ESMC console. Googling and searching on this forum have yielded no results.

Is there a way to achieve this?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's a per-profile setting in the on-demand scanner setup

image.png

Thanks Marcos. I haven't come across per-profile policies yet.

Where would I configure one in ESMC console?

Tried Googling also

• Administrators
  • Solution

The on-demand scanner support profiles. What I meant is that this setting can be configured individually for each of the on-demand scan profiles, ie. you first select the desired profile:

image.png

and then enable the setting in the ThreatSense parameters setup:

image.png

Whilst this works for most of the files, ESET is still scanning some files upon login (and therefore changing the timestamp). I logged in at 9:48

I can't see an option to preserve under the start-up options. Is there a way of getting around this?

image.png.58e7420ea64723493bba948970dc1e8a.png

Edited by DaveB-Opt

• Administrators

It doesn't make sense to have the option to preserve the timestamp for files scanned by the startup scanner for instance. Those files are accessed on Windows start by the operating system so the timestamp would change anyways.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

It doesn't make sense to have the option to preserve the timestamp for files scanned by the startup scanner for instance. Those files are accessed on Windows start by the operating system so the timestamp would change anyways.

These are old files in my downloads folder and not required by the operating system.

Why does ESET re-scan them on every login?

Basically we need all profile files to have the timestamps retained for our retention policies. 

Edited by DaveB-Opt

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've added to the wish that an option to preserve the timestamp of scanned files is added also in the startup scan setup.

Thanks Marcos. So it's normal for ESET to scan the same files over and over (even if they haven't changed) ?