use both eset and windows security?

1. In "virus and threat protection" in win 10 it  seems like eset is overriding it and turned off regular scans for Microsoft Defender as default. Should I keep it this way?

2. In "app and browser control" there is something called "reputation based protection" that is turned of. Should I keep it that way?

I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to windows and privacy in the first place so if it's not a major benefit I'd rather have it turned off.

16 hours ago, igotaproblem said:

1. In "virus and threat protection" in win 10 it  seems like eset is overriding it and turned off regular scans for Microsoft Defender as default. Should I keep it this way?

In this setting, Eset should show as the active real-time protection. If you mouse click on the "Manage providers" setting on that screen, the next screen displayed should show that Eset real-time protection and firewall are "On" and the Windows firewall and Windows Defender are "Off."

16 hours ago, igotaproblem said:

2. In "app and browser control" there is something called "reputation based protection" that is turned of. Should I keep it that way?

In App and Browser Control, all settings shown in Reputation Based Protection should be enabled for maximum protection. Most of the settings in this section pertain to SmartScreen settings. These will provide additionally protection for example, a process that is  attempting to execute that was not downloaded from the Windows Store and is not whitelisted by SmartScreen. If you did not intentionally download this process or the installer associated with it, you should not allow it to run until you further check out if the process is safe.

Edited by itman