After installing eset browser will no longer let me access PFSENSE

Go to solution Solved by dgall,

After installing ESET when I try to access my hardware firewall Pfsense IP 192.168.1.1 I get an error message I have been accessing it from my browser for years. I run the firewall trobleshooting wizard to get a list of recently blocked communications and Pfsense 192.168.1.1 is not listed. In the attached pictures Eset sees the firewall when I click open router interface I get the error message in the second picture. I got into the firewall on another computer none of the PFsense logs shows it blocking my computer the second computer is not running ESET

ESET1.jpg

PFSENSE.jpg

Edited by dgall
missing information

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference?

According to https://forum.netgate.com/topic/146384/sec_error_inadequate_key_usage-when-accessing-the-webgui-from-firefox/20, it could be caused by the root certificate used in the communication. You could switch the SSL scanner to interactive mode, open the url, choose to Ignore the certificate when asked and then switch back to automatic mode.

• Solution

Thanks Marcos I got it I had to go into command prompt and generate a new cert in PFsense it kind of threw me off because it happened right after I installed ESET

NEW CERT.jpg