Configure Endpoint to auto-upgrade to newest version?

denzilla

Currently running v7.3.236.0

We don't use the management console.

Possible to set each workstation to auto upgrade to the newest release as it become available? I must be missing it somewhere in the settings.

Thanks!

• Administrators

We plan to start rolling out automatic program updates with the release of ESMC 7.4 which is planned for Q4 2020. Automatic program updates can be configured in the advanced setup and should be automatic in non-managed environments. In managed environments an administrator will have to confirm program updates in the ESMC console.

I'm not interested in using the management console at this time. I'm wanting the clients to auto-update themselves to the newest version as they become available. Is this the correct area to enable this? I changed it to automatic but after 3 days, it hasn't updated to the newest version. 

ESET.png

• Administrators

Yes, that's correct. The thing is we haven't released so-called uPCU updates to Endpoint and other business security products yet. Automatic program updates should be available later this year after the release of ESMC 7.3.

Understood. Thanks for your reply.

Are unsernames/passwords going to be required when updates are rolled out using this method? All we have are keys and a password to the license management site. No username given.

Edited by denzilla