Ace Script google extension

Tio

Hey I just saw that I have google chrome extension called ace script I think it was off ( not sure ) I removed it and ran both malwarebytes  and nod32 av in depth scan it doesn't show anything. From what I've read it's a browser extension from ace stream (which I uninstalled long time ago) and sometimes the browser extension just reinstalls itself . Anyone had any issue like this  and is it a malware or something ? Not sure how long have I had it since  I thought I only had ABP Plus. 

Edited by Tio

21 minutes ago, itman said:

Hey itman, I saw that post but I didn't understand much 😕 . I just installed malwarebytes premium ( free trial )  to check for anything malicious.  Should I disable push notifications on chrome ? What I've read on other thread was that even though I removed the program Ace Stream, there was something called roaming folder and had some leftovers from ace stream which I deleted it. 

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, Tio said:

Hey itman, I saw that post but I didn't understand much 😕 . I just installed malwarebytes premium ( free trial )  to check for anything malicious.  Should I disable push notifications on chrome ? What I've read on other thread was that even though I removed the program Ace Stream, there was something called roaming folder and had some leftovers from ace stream which I deleted it. 

Do you have extensions synced as it could also simply be you are syncing them with other devices so when you remove it from one it just resyncs it back 

2 hours ago, peteyt said:

Do you have extensions synced as it could also simply be you are syncing them with other devices so when you remove it from one it just resyncs it back

Exactly. The first thing recommended in the MalwareBytes article was to reset syncing.

12 hours ago, Tio said:

Should I disable push notifications on chrome ?

This was also recommended in a linked MalwareBytes article noted in the original article. They even show you how to do so for Chrome in the linked article. Their recommendation is to set push notifications minimally to the "Ask" level. Or alternatively, to the "Block" level - your choice.