ScrInject.B

I'm sorry, but I need some help. First thing, I wonder whether this is a false positive or actually a real problem. Eset detected a ScrInject.B trojan at:

hxxps://www.jimchines.com/2011/05/double-facepalm

19/07/2020 18:48:35;HTTP-Prüfung;Datei;https://www.jimchines.com/2011/05/double-facepalm;HTML/ScrInject.B Trojaner;Verbindung getrennt;XX\XX;Ein Ereignis ist aufgetreten, als die folgende Anwendung versucht hat, auf das Internet zuzugreifen: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (6A7CC00B6CED44FA2843D1AD1F635C7527FF7A61).;A17345C22A67E526C8EF0731F4FF9A54BF2E7766;

I find a log entry of this, and something of 114.1 kb is allegedly in quarantaine. I can't copy the quarantaine message unfortunately. My question is whether this is a real virus and whether I should do anything?

• Administrators

Since I was unable to reproduce the detection / block, please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector after selecting also "Quarantined files" in the ELC menu to samples[at]eset.com. You can enclose a link to this topic as well.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Since I was unable to reproduce the detection / block

Neither could I.

But the web page uses multiple scripts and the detection might have triggered when one of those executed.

Hi,

I downloaded the collector and collected, but now the file is 45 MB large. Is that all necessary or should I log only specific log files?

TNX

Edited by User2020

33 minutes ago, User2020 said:

Just to explain, none of my email service providers allows for a file of more than 25 MB. So what should I do?

Post Eset Log Collector file as an attachment to your forum reply. Eset allows attachments up to 50 MB. Only Eset moderators can read forum attachments not directly inserted into the reply.