Dual Update Configuration

Hi Team,

I am currently trying to configure a dual update mode for a client who is using mirror update but also want to be able do updates when his users are off the enterprise network.

I have followed the manual from the KB and it keeps failing when the user switches from the enterprise network to his personal internet.

Its very urgent and I will need help with that.

Thank You.

• Administrators

1, First make sure that networks are configured in the network protection setup:

image.png

2, Create desired update profiles with different settings.

3, Use the automatic profile switching feature where you can bind an update profile to particular networks:

image.png

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

1, First make sure that networks are configured in the network protection setup:

image.png

2, Create desired update profiles with different settings.

3, Use the automatic profile switching feature where you can bind an update profile to particular networks:

image.png

What about centralized management where you can't do this for all clients roughly about 3000 endusers

Marcos, my problem is how can I configure known networks when I don't know the network details of every users personal internet at home?

Is there another work around to this issue?

• Administrators

If users connect through a proxy in the office and directly at home, you could use a single update profile. In the adv. setup -> Tools -> Proxy server, set up the proxy server and enable the following option:

image.png

In that case if connection through the configured proxy fails, the product will attempt to connect directly (at home).

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If users connect through a proxy in the office and directly at home, you could use a single update profile. In the adv. setup -> Tools -> Proxy server, set up the proxy server and enable the following option:

image.png

In that case if connection through the configured proxy fails, the product will attempt to connect directly (at home).

well noted, but in this case clients update directly from the mirror path without going through a proxy and would want to be able to update from the internet when at home... 

followed the process from KB6880 but wasn't successful.

• Administrators

You should continue by following the instructions in KB6880, ie. create 2 update profiles, one for updating from a mirror and another one for direct update from ESET's servers. Then edit the default Regular update task and select the primary and secondary profile.

image.png

You wrote that it didn't work. Could you be more specific what didn't work? Updates from the mirror or from ESET's servers when updating from home? Note that switching between the primary and secondary update profile works only when the scheduled task is run, not when you manually run update.