13.2.15.0 version disaster for HDD

After applying the new update(13.2.15.0) that was released recently, my laptop is using 80% - 100% of the entire HDD and after 2 or 3 hours even would freeze when browsing on internet.

After pausing Eset protection for 10 minutes, things would stabilize, and return again after protection would get enabled.

I am looking for a way to solve this problem.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- in the adv. setup -> tools -> diagnostics, enable diagnostic logging (all options)
- reboot the machine
- reproduce the issue
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector
- upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link.

1) I am using Windows 8.1 

2) The 13.2.15.0 is causing "System" and "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" to consume much more HDD space(%)  than they did before. This happens usually when opening more than five tabs in browser especially when viewing videos.

3. Very soon, I will be posting the logs as Marcos advised.

Edited by leborim12

1. The problem persist even after applying the pre-release update. 

2. To solve the 80-100% usage of HDD I installed an older version of Eset(12.2.30.0), and it works like a charm.

3. Based on my research the penultimate version of Eset Internet Security is 13.1.21.0. Can you please provide a official eset link do download it, in order to have a more newer version.

#closing note: when having still installed the new version 13.2.15.0 I was able to solve the HDD overload by stopping windows superfetch. It seemed to work for a little, but, the laptop became unresponsive. I think I am not supposed to stop a service such as superfetch.

Edited by leborim12

I have had about it with eset and I simply want to remove it from my computer.  Version 13.2.15.0 has been nothing but a headache.  I cannot get beyond the initial bootup process.  As soon as the eset bootup (start) scan starts, my computer freezes.  I have spent about 8 hours and numerous reboots to try and get to something that can stop the startup scan but to no avail.  I need help to remove your product from by pc.

The technical assistance portal is also not user friendly.  As soon as you get into it, it changes away from English and that is where I get stuck.

Tell me how to stop the startup scan so that I can get into my computer and remove your product.  I will also remove it from my other two devices.  

• Administrators
4 hours ago, LyleD said:

I cannot get beyond the initial bootup process.  As soon as the eset bootup (start) scan starts, my computer freezes. 

The first statement suggests that Windows gets stuck while starting and that you can't can't do anything but do a hard reset or physically turn it off. Is that correct? Or the system starts but becomes completely or partly unresponsive? You assumed that it's startup scans that cause the issue. Did you confirm it by temporarily disabling the startup scan tasks?

4 hours ago, LyleD said:

I have spent about 8 hours and numerous reboots to try and get to something that can stop the startup scan but to no avail.  I need help to remove your product from by pc.

You can uninstall ESET like any other applications, depending on what OS you have. Basically you go to the Control panel - Add or remove programs or Settings -> Apps on Windows 10 and select ESET to uninstall. Failing this, you can use

4 hours ago, LyleD said:

The technical assistance portal is also not user friendly.  As soon as you get into it, it changes away from English and that is where I get stuck.

Did you contact technical support via https://www.eset.com/za/? The website of the South African partner is in English and you purchased your license in SA so I don't see any reason why it should change to a different language.

4 hours ago, LyleD said:

Tell me how to stop the startup scan so that I can get into my computer and remove your product.  I will also remove it from my other two devices.  

Startup scans should have no effect on uninstallation. To temporarily disable startup scans, go to Tools -> More tools -> Scheduler.