Module Update Failed

Hello.  I noticed several of my clients, which are running Endpoint Security 7.3.2032.0, are providing an error when updating modules.  My first thought was to upgrade the clients to 7.3.2036.0, but this did not fix the issue.  I then found a forum post that states changing the regular automatic update schedule to 10 mins from 60 mins as well as changing the skipped task option to "As soon as possible" fixed the issue, but it did not work for me.  In my case, I can see the clients automatically checking for updates, but each time it comes back with an error of "Module update failed.  Download interrupted".  I've restarted the PCs, tried kicking off a module update task in ESMC, as well as updating manually on each client, but I get the same error each time.  I read that you have to uninstall/reinstall the product, but this seems excessive.  I have opened a case with support, but I thought I would try here as well.  Anyone else with this problem?

Ahh, I'm glad you said that because my co-worker just implemented a new WatchGuard appliance.  Are there URLs that need to be whitelisted?  Right now, I can ping update.eset.com, but the updates still fail.  Thanks!

Ok, I tried a few of those hostnames and I can ping each of them.  Wouldn't that mean I should be able to download module updates?  I ran a tracert to us-update.eset.com and I made it out of environment so could it still be our WatchGuard?

• Administrators

Update.eset.com is just a reverse proxy. Actual update servers are listed in the KB. However, update servers are not the only ones that ekrn communicates with; important are also LiveGrid servers, activation servers, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.  I just wanted to confirm that it was our recently installed WatchGuard that was preventing our clients from doing module updates.  I believe it was related to the WatchGuard proxy.  Thanks for the help!