Invalid Username and/or Password

Good day all!

I recently installed Linux Mint 19.3 on my laptop, and have now installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.  The installation appears to have gone well enough.  However, the program is telling me that I have provided it an "Invalid Username and/or Password."  In looking at the original e-mail from ESET, I am sure that both entries are correct.  Nonetheless, I went ahead and requested that ESET e-mail me (using the registered e-mail address) those same credentials.  What's in the e-mail matches what I already had, and, I am sure, entered in ESET on the laptop.

Soooooooo, I'm confused.  Perhaps I'm missing something, but if so, I'm mystified.

I'd be grateful for whatever kind assistance I can get on this issue.

Thank you!!

• Administrators

I was able to find only a trial license for Parental Control for Android registered with your forum email address. You can provide me with the username that you tried to use for update or with your public license key so that I can look up your other license for NOD32 Antivirus for Linux if you actually purchased one.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:29 AM, Marcos said:

I was able to find only a trial license for Parental Control for Android registered with your forum email address. You can provide me with the username that you tried to use for update or with your public license key so that I can look up your other license for NOD32 Antivirus for Linux if you actually purchased one.

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for looking into this.

As far as the Android "trial license" is concerned, I'm not sure what to say.  Installed on my Android devices is "ESET Mobile Security (32-bit) v. 5.4.7.0-0."  By all accounts, it's current and not a trial license.  Perhaps I have two (or more) e-mail addresses in use and we're just not on the same page.

Anyway, I do know that I have NOT purchased a "license for NOD32 Antivirus for Linux."  I presumed that my multi-device license would allow for me to automatically have AV for my Linux laptop, but apparently I am incorrect.

It is possible for me to message you privately (or someone else with eset; maybe in chat?) with details of my account so that we can get this sorted out?

Thank you!

Edited by 819b6ca
typos

• Administrators

A multi-device license indeed entitles you to use also ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. Maybe you registered that license with a different email address and therefore I could not find it.

23 minutes ago, Marcos said:

A multi-device license indeed entitles you to use also ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. Maybe you registered that license with a different email address and therefore I could not find it.

Marcos:

Perhaps I could have a one-off conversation with a member of your support team in which we could get down to some useful detail.  How should I proceed?

Thank you!

• Administrators

If you purchased the license through ESET LLC in the US, you can contact them. However, they will need to know your registration email address, public license ID, invoice, receipt, etc. in order to look up the license.

7 hours ago, 819b6ca said:

Installed on my Android devices is "ESET Mobile Security (32-bit) v. 5.4.7.0-0."  By all accounts, it's current and not a trial license.  Perhaps I have two (or more) e-mail addresses in use and we're just not on the same page.

Anyway, I do know that I have NOT purchased a "license for NOD32 Antivirus for Linux."  I presumed that my multi-device license would allow for me to automatically have AV for my Linux laptop, but apparently I am incorrect.

How many seats did you purchase for the Eset multi-device license? If was one seat, you can't install that license on Linux since it is already installed on your Android device.

6 hours ago, itman said:

How many seats did you purchase for the Eset multi-device license? If was one seat, you can't install that license on Linux since it is already installed on your Android device.

I have a 3-device account.  One is goes for my desktop PC, one goes for my Android, and there is presently no third device (although the Linux laptop is the intended target).

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you purchased the license through ESET LLC in the US, you can contact them. However, they will need to know your registration email address, public license ID, invoice, receipt, etc. in order to look up the license.

I do not know for sure from which entity I made the purchase, although I presume it was as you have stated.  Please provide me the appropriate link for "ESET LLC in the US" so that I can make contact.

Thank you!