ESET LINUX SERVER VERSION

Hi, i have a one question and is if EMCS is supported for ubuntu server 20.04, i need use this version by security reasons, what happen if i install Ubuntu Server 20 but with MySQL 5.4 and Tomcat 9.

Don't do it. EMCS doesn't support Ubuntu 20.04 (see https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/72/en-US/linux.html). Server installation is proceeding correctly, but after instalation EMCS server crashes. I've tested it on two Ubuntu 20.04 servers, with EMCS 7.1.503.0 and 7.2.2233.0.

Edited by deg
mistake

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide more details of your environment and also details of mentioned crash? System is currently being tested and for now no issue were reported, so it might be problem with some kind of incompatibility, where especially ODBC driver might have such impact when unsupported version is used.

I use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS + MySQL 8.0.20 + ODBC from recommended link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.2.html - but after selecting Ubuntu Linux 20.04 there is only one version - mysql-connector-odbc_8.0.20-1ubuntu20.04_amd64.deb

In april I've upgraded Ubuntu from 18.04 LTS to 20.04 LTS. Works perfectly with EMCS 7.1.503.0. Couple days ago I wanted to upgrade EMCS to 7.2.2233.0 via WebConsole. But upgrade was not sucessfull. From logs I read that I have no SUPER right for DB user. I've given this right but EMCS just not worked. I can't repeat update via WebConsole. I downloaded EMCS installer from Web, but instalation failed - with error sth like "corupted DB". I deleted DB and restored from backup and once again - run installer. Instalation was successfull, but EMCS service failed. Port 2222 was not open, few seconds after start eraserver - server crashed.

After many different tries, I wrote to polish Eset support (Dagma). I've got simple answer (without any log analysis) - something like "you use unsupported Ubuntu version. Try on supported version and contact us if it will not work".

Today I do clean install EMCS (without certs create). Install was successfull but... EMCS stil crashes few seconds after start. I can send you full logs and crashdumps, but I prefer not to publish logs on public forum.

Sorry for my English. Regards

deg

EDIT:

Oups! I have deleted some earlier logs (before clean install), but I send these logs to polish Eset support - ticket number #0675574.

Edited by deg

Hi @deg also i tryed with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS & MySQL 8.x (last version) but the system not work correctly; i try install with this version by security razon. If the support of ESET response with some solution please share the information. Thanks