ESET Failure?

Hello Thar!

First time poster on ESET Forms , Had a Account on wilder Sec...

I have been using ESET for long, and Today i got Disappointed.

Im running ESET on my file server (w2003),a computer that had assess to the server via drive map got a virus.

The virus Spread to the server like wild fire, causing 3681++ files to be infected and a day (so far) of down time

When i came in this morning the CPU was running at 100% a other pc on the network was feeding the virus to the server

I blocked The Connection ,went to that PC and shut it down and ESET was still running trying to put out the flames...

I rebooted into ESET Sysrescue and started the clean up

I thought that ESET File security Was specially formulated to stop this from happening?

Is their a setting that i missed during the install procedure?

• Administrators

Im running ESET on my file server (w2003),a computer that had access to the server via drive map got a virus.

The virus Spread to the server like wild fire, causing 3681++ files to be infected and a day (so far) of down time.

Unfortunately, without further logs we can only speculate what happened. It's not clear if the threat was detected by ESET or not at all and whether ESET was installed on the infected computer or only on the server. Also we don't know how ESET installed on the server is configured and what version of the signature database was installed at the point of infection.

Please run ESET Log Collector on the server and send me the output via a personal message.

PS: Did you get a "Service unavailable" message when posting? I'm asking because you posted twice.