Cannot have latest update for clients and server

In ESET Remote Administrator Console, in the tab Clients, at the top our server has "Some Old" in the Virus Signature DB State. Even after going into Tools / Server options / Updates and clicking Update Now.

How to have the latest?

• Administrators

Is the version of the virus signature database shown in the ERA Server options pane (opened by pressing Ctrl+Shift+O) actually same as the version reported by clients on the "Clients" tab?

Also confirm your update settings in your policy.

If you created the mirror on your server it should be: hxxp://yourserver:2221 (default)

Try RDP to client and manual update too see if any errors.

Usually if the ERA has an error with updates, you might see the scenario you are stuck in.

Try adding username and password back to ERA too.

Marcos: Yes, the Virus signature DB version shows 9765 in ESET RAC in Tools / Server options / General which is what most clients also reports.

Arakasi: We do not have a mirror on our server, the clients just download it from the internet from ESET server.

Maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, the "Some Old" virus signature DB state is from the server not the client. It is in the Clients tab but it shows at the top under the "Server Name" column. Actually it's in any tab, just at the top. So tThis is not a problem with clients but in ESET Server. Maybe the "Some Old" state is fine, it's probably the latest version actually, but it is showing in a RED background and it doesn't say "Latest" which is why I brought it up, seems like a bug.

When it says some Old at the top, it is referring to the clients under your server.

Under Virus Sig DB that may be referring to the updates downloaded from ERA, however if your not using a mirror, it shouldn't matter.

Edited by Arakasi

When it says some Old at the top, it is referring to the clients under your server.

Ah I see, it makes sense because 2 out of the 13 doesn't show the version 9765. One of them must be turned off since I cannot even ping it, the other just return "Error: Cannot download from server". It was installed with the exact same package as all the other one so it shouldn't be a package misconfiguration.

Yeah if your ICMP returned nothing, its off the network and won't receive an update till back online and ERA won't update till then either leaving you with Problematic Clients error.

The one with same policy not updating, i would try to RDP to it and manually update to see if it works, or returns error.

Usually if its a fluke, when it goes to update again which is usually 1 hour, it will jump on track with the others.