Deep Inspection (HIPS) crashing Ueli app

I am running NOD32 13.1.21.0 on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit machine with HIPS support module 1391 (20200521)

Just upgraded my version of Ueli from 8.7.0 to 8.7.1

When running Ueli.exe (8.7.1) from C:\Program Files\ueli\ueli.exe the app exits silently and I get a crash reported in Windows Error Reporting as follows:

Faulting application name: ueli.exe, version: 8.7.1.318, time stamp: 0x5e659712
Faulting module name: ebehmoni.dll, version: 1.0.32.0, time stamp: 0x5e397939
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00000000000100aa
Faulting process id: 0x204c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63ea61f72955a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ueli\ueli.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ebehmoni.dll

Placing an exception for this app in Deep Behavioral Inspection exclusions is the current workaround. Can this be fixed?

Something about this updated app is causing Eset's ebehmoni.dll to throw a stack overflow exception: https://forums.asp.net/t/1811350.aspx?Stack+overflow+exception+0xC00000FD+Exception

There is nothing you can do about it since this needs to checked out by Eset. If this app is critical to you, create a Deep Behavior Inspection exclusion for C:\Program Files\ueli\ueli.exe in the Eset GUI HIPS section. Before doing this, I would submit this .exe to Virus Total for a scan to determine if any of the AV solutions there detect anything. Note that DBI scanning is only done on the initial startup of an app. This leads me to believe that there might be an issue with the app security-wise.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

I'm able to use ueli 8.7.1 without issues. What version of Windows 10 do you have? Do you have also some other security apps installed? Does uninstalling ueli and installing the latest version from scratch make a difference?

Hi @Marcos

I just tried a fresh install and that appears to have stopped the error happening with the exclusion removed on HIPS. For reference I'm running Windows 10.0.19041.329.

Thanks for checking this out!