Do I need an account to use ESET?

I would like to use ESET without creating an account. Is there any possibility to do so? I could buy a key „offline“ in a normal store.

• Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, Alexbb said:

I would like to use ESET without creating an account. Is there any possibility to do so? I could buy a key „offline“ in a normal store.

Buy through ESET , it will redirect you to a partner/shop and then you will buy it from there , online and you will receive a license key and through that key you activate your product , it's optional for you to create an account in 'my eset'

You don't have to create a "My Eset" account if that is what you are referring to activate and use Eset. Creating a My Eset account is an optional feature that allows one to manage their license/s online. 

49 minutes ago, itman said:

You don't have to create a "My Eset" account if that is what you are referring to activate and use Eset. Creating a My Eset account is an optional feature that allows one to manage their license/s online. 

This is exactly the information I am looking for. Thank you for the information. Can I also use a multi device license for three PCs and no account?

3 minutes ago, Alexbb said:

This is exactly the information I am looking for. Thank you for the information. Can I also use a multi device license for three PCs and no account?

Yes.

As each seat of 3 device license is activated, this is recorded internally on the Eset licensing servers. Once 3 seats have been activated, the license is exhausted and cannot be used for further activation's unless one of the seats is uninstalled from a device.

Note: Eset licensing time period starts with the activation of the first seat.

4 minutes ago, itman said:

Yes.

As each seat of 3 device license is activated, this is recorded internally on the Eset licensing servers. Once 3 seats have been activated, the license is exhausted and cannot be used for further activation's unless one of the seats is uninstalled from a device.

Note: Eset licensing time period starts with the activation of the first seat.

This is just perfect! Thank you for the answer :)

I guess I should also mention that Eset sales policies vary by country when you purchase an Eset license via the web. For example when you purchase an Eset license in Germany, you are redirected to the Eset - Germany LLC web site. This concern might very well enroll you in My Eset as a courtesy. I believe this is doubtful but something you need to verify with Eset - Germany: https://www.eset.com/de/