Jump to content

is eset blocking adobe?


Recommended Posts

I just got a new computer about a week ago it meets all the minimum requirements for rush and i also got eset security with it. I have been using rush perfectly fine well until the program went unresponsive the creative cloud app said it needs to repair itself but then also deleted itself. I have tried everything restarting, uninstalling, etc. However i also contacted support where they made me turn off my antivirus it worked great well until now. Honestly its getting really annoying and i dont know what to do. i have also used the adobe cleaner tool but still no luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

What Adobe application are you having the issue with? Does pausing any of the protection features or disabling protocol filtering or HIPS (followed by a computer restart) make a difference?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, totoegg said:

I just tried to reset my Adobe password and ESET flagged it as a suspicious page (https://adobeid.services.adobe.com/reset/en_US)

I was unable to reproduce the block. Please provide the whole record (the whole row) from the appropriate log.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, totoegg said:

I just tried to reset my Adobe password and ESET flagged it as a suspicious page (https://adobeid.services.adobe.com/reset/en_US)

When I try to access the site in FireFox, web page displays with this error message:

Request method 'GET' not supported

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I attached a screenshot, maybe that helps.

Also, here are the steps that I took when I got that notification the first time:

1. Log into your Adobe account (adobe.com > Sign In)

2. Once you are logged in, click on your profile picture > View Account > Password and Security > Change password

When ESET blocked it the first time I clicked "Ignore and continue" and ESET hasn't blocked it since then.

Here's what the row says:

Time;URL;Status;Application;User;IP address;SHA1
5/24/2020 10:53:41 PM;https://adobeid.services.adobe.com;Blocked by PUA blacklist;C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe;DESKTOP-LR;35.163.27.235;784ADEE709B6056B1EE337B7E1D1E2537B4A1A3E
 

ESET-log-websites-05252020.PNG

Edited by totoegg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I try to connect to this web site in FireFox: https://adobeid.services.adobe.com , all that is displayed is a blank web page. This make me wonder if this also a TLS 1.3 handshake issue as noted in a thread here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/23687-https-checking-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=114591 . I also am starting to suspect this might indeed and issue with Eset scanning of TLS 1.3 protocol web sites. However, this link, https://adobeid.services.adobe.com , is using TLS 1.2.

Also, the link for the Adobe user account web site is: https://account.adobe.com/ . I have no issues connecting to this web site. Note that when connected to this web site, the URL show is https://auth.services.adobe.com/en_US/ .................. I am beginning to suspect a possible phishing redirect is happening with the redirect to https://adobeid.services.adobe.com/ .

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...