CPU & Virtual Memory Use has gone right up

At the moment I'm still running Win7 32bit, I'm waiting on all the new parts to arrive before I can upgrade to ugh Win10.   I love ESET, have used it for many years now, I had the Internet Security, Yesterday I upgraded the new Premium, solely for the login and password protection, as opposed to using Chrome and Firefox to keep my passwords.

However I have had to stop 2 Services to do with the password protection by ESET, my Virtual Memory maxed out to 100%, nothing would open, my PC was just hanging.

As a rule I have a Firefox and a Chrome browser open, VLC Media Player, and Samsung SideSync open all of the time.  Occasionally I might open Discord and I used to play Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, up until Activision made an update that requires a 64bit machine to play it.

My CPU never went above 2-3% and my Virtual Memory used to hang under 40%.

Since the installation of ESET's new Premium my CPU if going from minimum 22% up to 33%, my Virtual Memory is going from 78% up to 87%.

This morning when I got up SideSync had disconnected (runs from my Wi-Fi), not for love nor money would it connect.  That's when I started Task Manager my CPU was relatively low, but my Virtual Memory was peaking at 99%.

I shut down the browsers and VLC, tried reconnecting SideSync and voila it worked. I reopened the browsers and VLC and took a screen dump of Task Manager.

I'm thinking that poor old Win7  just cannot handle the usage of Premium, please note that on the screen dump the the two processes (ESET Password Manager) haven't been restarted.

ESET MEMORY.jpg

• Administrators

I for one don't see anything unusual in the task manager. Neither Firefox values seem to be too high, e.g. this is what task manger is showing here for Firefox without ESET Password manager:

image.png

If you can reproduce the high CPU utilization, I'd recommend raising a support ticket with your local ESET distributor since an application or full memory dump will be needed for perusal.

I need a 64bit OS to download and use

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

I for one don't see anything unusual in the task manager. Neither Firefox values seem to be too high, e.g. this is what task manger is showing here for Firefox without ESET Password manager:

image.png

If you can reproduce the high CPU utilization, I'd recommend raising a support ticket with your local ESET distributor since an application or full memory dump will be needed for perusal.

I don't want to appear rude, but you say Firefox values don't seem to be high, for you and your system they may not be, but for my current OS they're right up there

• Administrators

Could you temporarily uninstall ESET and then compare memory usage and cpu utilization by Firefox? Is there a noticeable difference when ESET is installed and when it's not? Does temporarily installing ESET Internet Security (without the Password manager) make a difference compared to when ESET Smart Security Premium is installed? If ESET actually causes high cpu utilization or memory usage, I'd recommend raising a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.