linux Product Support

going through eset eol website, it shows the current and only version availability of linux which is v4 has limited support, when it is the only linux product available till date by eset ,then why it does not has full support and only limited support.

Capture.JPG

• Administrators

ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop v4 is a legacy product which is not being developed any more. However, we provide module updates and important fixes to users as long as the product is in the limited support phase. Currently there is no newer version available. As soon as there is some news about the future of this product, we'll let you know.

I still have a couple of PCs running Windows 7. Now that Microsoft has withdrawn support I am trialing Linux on one of them and considering running Linux on all of my windows PCs

@Marcos since legacy, then it sounds like eset may end the product for linux os in future (an assumption) 

After limited , we have basic support and then we have eol. so does that mean we will see no more development of linux product and linux os malware detection will be dropped by eset as in the case of symbian which is now a legacy os.

Edited by Guest

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, testuser1234 said:

After limited , we have basic support and then we have eol. so does that mean we will see no more development of linux product and linux os malware detection will be dropped by eset as in the case of symbian which is now a legacy os.

I can't answer that since no decision has been made yet. It is possible that we'll continue with developing the product. Definitely we won't stop supporting it suddenly.

Even products that have reached EOL are still supported in that module updates are still provided, however, they are not guaranteed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 3/2/2020 at 8:51 AM, Guest said:

@Marcos since legacy, then it sounds like eset may end the product for linux os in future (an assumption) 

I doubt that support for Linux will be dropped , as for endpoint v7 has been released , and a desktop version of v7 should be coming soon but I don't know exactly when