AppArmor, KVM and ESET

Hello,

I had to enter the following in /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.libvirt.virt-aa-helper for KVM to work.

# for ESET antivirus
  /opt/eset/esets/lib/** m,

Maybe paid consultants needed when installing NOD32 in a customized environment? just a joke :->

Anyway I don't know if the installation can be improved in the future. BTW, I can't seem to find an option to buy Linux edition on ESET TW/HK Stores.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 2/24/2020 at 11:28 PM, midmaestro said:

Hello,

I had to enter the following in /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.libvirt.virt-aa-helper for KVM to work.

# for ESET antivirus
  /opt/eset/esets/lib/** m,

Maybe paid consultants needed when installing NOD32 in a customized environment? just a joke 😆

Anyway I don't know if the installation can be improved in the future. BTW, I can't seem to find an option to buy Linux edition on ESET TW/HK Stores.

Regards,

Don't break your head with it , v4 is not made to work alongside with AppArmor or SELinux , and need to be updated urgently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
21 hours ago, Alexander Nitsche said:

Hello guys,

i would be highly interested in running ESET Nod32 alongside AppArmor which is enabled by default since Debian Buster.

Upvote +1

Greetings
Alex

You need to configure it manually , which Ubuntu and I think so Debian have manuals for this in AppArmor , but for me I haven't applied it , I prefer AppArmor to keep it's lock , while ESET stays and scans whatever that it can touch , but the rest to be locked by AppArmor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, Nightowl said:

You need to configure it manually , which Ubuntu and I think so Debian have manuals for this in AppArmor , but for me I haven't applied it , I prefer AppArmor to keep it's lock , while ESET stays and scans whatever that it can touch , but the rest to be locked by AppArmor.

Mh, i cannot make it work currently with Debian Buster 64-bit AMD and eset nod32, i always end up with another problem when solving the usual ones like installing "libc6-i386" etc. In the end the daemon fails to run.

I hope there can be a clean solution for letting ESET Nod32 work together with AppArmor in the future, as the AppArmor feature seems to have taken a long run and finally made it into the Linux Kernel and will probably stay there. Maybe having an official AppArmor profile from ESET would help already?