Mirror Tool is not working using windows share folder as source?

Hello, 

My company use linux appliance as eset remote administrator. Some of client is in offline state, and thus I use one windows os as windows share folder for clients update module.

However, they cannot update module successfully. I would like to know what common reasons make it fail.

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, wonglihuang said:

Hello, 

My company use linux appliance as eset remote administrator. Some of client is in offline state, and thus I use one windows os as windows share folder for clients update module.

However, they cannot update module successfully. I would like to know what common reasons make it fail.

Could you please provide more details, especially reason/error why endpoints are not able to update?

If I have to guess, most common reason would be:

• windows share access restrictions might prevent clients from connection. When checking this, be sure that content of share is accessible for service accounts (i.e. LOCAL SYSTEM) and not only for domain users. ESET is not running in context of such user.
  • created mirror is not complete or it is not suitable for used ESET products

• Administrators

If the mirror is not accessible via http and you update from a share, make sure to configure an account with read or full permissions to the share in the advanced update setup:

image.png