Masterlist of Dependecies for ESET File Security for Linux (7.1.558.0)

TonyK

Looking over an older topic, I found this forum thread for the legacy 4.x Linux clients.

As I have been looking through the docs: https://help.eset.com/efs/7/en-US/system_requirements.html?index.html

I already looked through the docs here and I have not seen an actual list of dependencies required for each OS platform/Unix flavor, I did see a 'how to list missing dependencies' however, I need a masterlist for our provisioning teams as we have extremely diverse environments as my application is a multi-tenant cloud; if there is a listing of dependencies that is available, this would help my efforts as I work on transitioning as much as possible from our 4.x (we do have a lot of dated unix machines that may be 'stuck' for now) clients to 7.x (and any items here will help drive requirements to our business/clients

Could this dependency list be replicated for 7.1.x?

• Former ESET Employees

Hello,

Listed below are package dependencies. However, each of those dependencies can have its own dependencies on particular distro. Unfortunately, we don't have such a list of really master dependencies (dependencies of our dependencies).

I'm sorry. Also, list of officially supported distributions is not that big. Therefore if you have really diverse environment outside of supported list, you may experience issues which we may not fix.

RPM:

• /bin/sh
  • /etc/cron.d
  • /usr/bin/crontab
  • gcc
  • kernel-devel
  • make
  • perl
  • rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
  • rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

DEB:

• Depends: gcc, make, perl, linux-headers-generic | linux-headers-amd64, libelf-dev | libelf-devel | elfutils-libelf-devel, libudev1, cron | cronie | systemd-cron

Just to be clear, it's still only Ubuntu and Redhat you support for Version 7 right?

Are there plans to expand this or should we look for another solution for AV on Linux? (Fedora, SuSe, etc)

Thanks!!

As far as I know we are only using Ubuntu and Redhat flavors, there might be some CentOS-based as well, but AFAIK there is no plans for Fedora, but I would assume that Fedora is a RHEL-ish distro and would have similar requirements. But if you have any info on SuSE and CentOS as well, that'd be helpful

• Former ESET Employees

Hi Guys,

we're working on adding support for RHEL 8 and Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 15.

What is means is, that we're actively testing our product on those distributions and we're fixing bugs occured on those systems. It might happen that on other distribution the product will work, but it'll not be officially tested and in case of bugs specific for that system, fix is not guaranteed. There are just too many distributions and we're not capable of supporting everything. 

Thank you for understanding