7.2.2055.0 Update + Agent

Nightowl

• Most Valued Members

Hello ,

I had to update all my endpoints to this version , but still the management is showing me that the Management Agent is out-of-date and when I press to update it , I receive that there is no up-to-date software to download/available

Am I doing something wrong?

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Did you send an ESMC component update task to that machine?

I sent an endpoint update , isn't it the same?
Also some of the endpoints acted crazy before few days , they suddently started to report that the license is not there or have no license , I had to uninstall and re-install , even though the license we have still have 2 years.

• Administrators

The security product is upgraded via a software install task while ESMC Agent and ESMC Server are upgraded through an ESMC component upgrade task.

• Most Valued Members
15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The security product is upgraded via a software install task while ESMC Agent and ESMC Server are upgraded through an ESMC component upgrade task.

I will take a look now at it.

Could you please explain to me about the license issue , if there is a quicker workaround or a fix.

Thanks Marcos.

EDIT : Ok , I have sent an upgrade task to ESMC server.

I know that I have asked this question but it's possible to have a redundant ESMC server ? that will allow redundancy , because if one server failed so the ESMC won't just go away?

And if it failed/crashed one day , it means that my endpoints are in trouble and they won't be able to get license/information , so they would all go down , and then I will have a problem with certificate right?

Please assist me in this matter.

Thanks again.

Edited by Rami

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rami said:

I know that I have asked this question but it's possible to have a redundant ESMC server ? that will allow redundancy , because if one server failed so the ESMC won't just go away?

It was answered here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/21545-multiple-eset-servers-same-db/?do=findComment&comment=104520

it is not possible -> only active-passive cluster is supported, which means that only one server can run at a moment, but there can be multiple server instances ready to be started immediately.

• Most Valued Members
On 11/21/2019 at 8:46 PM, Marcos said:

It was answered here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/21545-multiple-eset-servers-same-db/?do=findComment&comment=104520

it is not possible -> only active-passive cluster is supported, which means that only one server can run at a moment, but there can be multiple server instances ready to be started immediately.

Ok , Active-Passive Cluster will solve my issue .

• ESET Staff
On 11/21/2019 at 4:59 PM, Rami said:

And if it failed/crashed one day , it means that my endpoints are in trouble and they won't be able to get license/information , so they would all go down , and then I will have a problem with certificate right?

Just to clarify - if client looses connection to ESMC for whatever reason, nothing wrong will actually happen. Endpoints are updating itself from internet (or via HTTP proxy) and once activated, there is no communication with ESMC required. There are even some design patterns which enables you to configure behavior of device even it is offline or ESMC is not accessible, i.e. using dynamic groups and policies. Also already-distributed installers will work without any issues, even those that are activating installed products, so administrators can even continue with deployment process.

In case ESMC is down, you obviously loose visibility into network, i.e. there no threat-detection notifications for administrators. What is crucial, once ESMC returns back to normal operation, no data should be lost and clients will report incidents retroactively.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, MartinK said:

Just to clarify - if client looses connection to ESMC for whatever reason, nothing wrong will actually happen. Endpoints are updating itself from internet (or via HTTP proxy) and once activated, there is no communication with ESMC required. There are even some design patterns which enables you to configure behavior of device even it is offline or ESMC is not accessible, i.e. using dynamic groups and policies. Also already-distributed installers will work without any issues, even those that are activating installed products, so administrators can even continue with deployment process.

In case ESMC is down, you obviously loose visibility into network, i.e. there no threat-detection notifications for administrators. What is crucial, once ESMC returns back to normal operation, no data should be lost and clients will report incidents retroactively.

Thanks for clarification , I understand that , but for some reason some endpoints showed that I have no license , It's interesting for me to move the ESMC from the current server to another , or to have another server having the ESMC also , so it won't be trouble if one of them had trouble.

But I understand that if the ESMC is having troubles then the endpoints will keep working without any trouble.