ESET Product for Antivirus and AntiMalware?

noobadmin

Hi All,

I'm looking to move a client away from symantec anti-virus solutions to ESET solutions. My question is, what is the best ESET product that will offer anti-virus and anti-malware? I'm a little confused between NOD32 and ESET Endpoint Protection which is better between the two? Is ESET good enough to use for an anti-virus and anti-malware solution or should I think about using malwarebytes along side it?

Thanks.

• Administrators

Both ESET NOD32 Antivirus (EEA) and ESET Endpoint (EES) provide the same level of protection against any kind of malware, phishing or potentially unwanted / unsafe applications. Unlike EEA, EES also contains a firewall, Web control, Device control and Antispam. The firewall can block exploits of various CVE vulnerabilities in network protocols.

There is no product on the market today that will only detect "Viruses" Malware = Virus, Trojan, etc etc..literally everything bad.

I think many vendors keep the word "virus" in the product name since the average consumer tend to look for "antivirus products" and not antimalware products. So if someone would look for antimalware products then it's possible only "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and "Emsisoft Anti-Malware" would seem like the only good choice for them.

I wouldn't mind If the whole industry could agree on a day when every major vendor will change out the word "virus" to "malware"

And there would no longer be a confusion like it is today when a few vendors use anti-malware but the majority is still holding on to the "antivirus".

ESET NOD32 Antimalware...doesn't sound too bad does it  :)

But of course ESET doesn't need to wait for the rest of the industry to change, ESET could be one of the first and show the way  ;)