Module Updating?

I have had ver. 12.2.23 installed for almost a month. Just realized and verified via event log that I have not had one module update download. Has something changed in this regard?

-EDIT- I have had module updates however. Appears Eset now pushing these in the definiiton update downloads? Also these module updates appear to be pre-release vers.; i.e. .x suffixed, although I don't have pre-release updates enabled.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

Nothing has changes and there have been no issues on our part either. If you attempt to update manually it doesn't work either?

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

If you attempt to update manually it doesn't work either?

Nothing is found. Also see my above edited comment.

• Administrators

You have the latest version of the detection engine 19847 installed. What makes you think that update stopped working?

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

What makes you think that update stopped working?

Looks like everything is updating fine. My concern was the lack of a separate module update entry in the event log. Looks like Eset is now instead pushing non-def. and anti-spam module updates as part of the normal periodic def. updating.

• Administrators

There are 3 modules that are updated with each regular update. Besides the engine, also the Rapid response module and the Databases for advanced antispam module get updated. It's been so for several years already.

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

There are 3 modules that are updated with each regular update.

I knew that. I was referring to the other modules.

@Marcos , I am pretty sure there is an issue with Eset regular module updating.

Last Friday evening , I inadvertently signed  off my PC instead of shutting it down. As expected, Win 10 scheduled task fired off at 2 AM that woke up the PC to perform Win Updates. Shortly thereafter, Eset also downloaded a full module update as confirmed by corresponding Eset Event log entry.

Eset_Update.thumb.png.2f37e1548f9a9d1ae44b041f3c85b831.png

This is the first one received since upgrading to ver. 12.2.23 on 7/18. Also a bit strange this full module update occurred when I was not logged onto the PC. The ver. number for Cleaner module was still 1195.

This morning I switched to pre-release updating and finally the Cleaner module was updated to ver. 1199 per below screen shot. Also a few other modules were updated that don't appear to be pre-release vers.; i.e. no "P" suffix appended to the end of the module number.

Eset_Modules.png.a0a3305f53c6e5ecc85ead322569307d.png

Edited by itman

• Administrators

The latest module on regular update channel is 1195, 1199 is on the pre-release channel. Therefore it's normal that after switching from regular to pre-release update channel the cleaner module was updated to v1199.