Smart Scan Problem

Hi, Marcos.

I'm using ESS 7.0.302.26. I ran a smart scan and I decided to cancel the scan in the middle, but when I came back again (after 3 minutes) to start the smart scan again it continued from the middle. Virus signature database is the latest (9519) when performing the canceled scan and the latest scan. I've restarted the PC, but the problem persists. What's going on?

Thanks.

Hello,

Smart Scan uses ESET's smart optimization technology.

"One example of a behavior that occurs when running under smart optimization is the ability to recognize when a file was scanned last, and if no changes were made to the file or the virus signature database, the scanning engine can skip it, increasing overall scan speed." - An ESET rep

Basically those files have not changed, and ESET knows it, so why scan them again ?

If you disable the smart opt. in the Advanced and ThreatSense engine parameter setup, it will rescan those original files for you, however that in my opinion would be a time constraint using ESET's engine again.

I hope this helps you encus :)

Edited by Arakasi

Hello,

Smart Scan uses ESET's smart optimization technology.

"One example of a behavior that occurs when running under smart optimization is the ability to recognize when a file was scanned last, and if no changes were made to the file or the virus signature database, the scanning engine can skip it, increasing overall scan speed." - An ESET rep

Basically those files have not changed, and ESET knows it, so why scan them again ?

If you disable the smart opt. in the Advanced and ThreatSense engine parameter setup, it will rescan those original files for you, however that in my opinion would be a time constraint using ESET's engine again.

I hope this helps you encus :)

I've checked and found out that the Smart Optimization is disable (I'm using In-Depth Scan Profile).

I'm still having the same problem.

Thanks Arakasi.

The last case i had a problem with like this was never *fixed*, my scanning returned to normal after i uninstalled and reinstalled ESET Smart Security.

:)