Jump to content

Should I allow this message?


Recommended Posts

This one's kept popping up when I using my internet and its very annoying.  Should I allow this? Is it safe? Thank you in advance.

eset.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

Do you have anything that runs an SSL certificate inside your local network?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rami said:

Do you have anything that runs an SSL certificate inside your local network?

No, i dont think so =( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

Double check that local IP Address that you have : 192.168.1.105 ,

What is that device , what it is doing?

For my experience with ESET , If you make your own certificate , ESET will go crazy trying to block it , even if you allow it , it will just not work unless you add it to the whitelist , but in your case as you said that you have no SSL certificates running , then double check that device.

Your Chrome is making communications to 192.168.1.105

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, nlklinh said:

Thank  you so much. I will double check it. 

You are welcome , post back if you need any assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you examine the Eset alert, it states that a server connection is being made to a device on your internal network; i.e. 192.168.1.105. Furthermore, the certificate ID appears to be a registry key location.  Really never seen anything like this.

First, verify that 192.168.1.105 is your Windows assigned IP address. Open a command prompt window and enter the following:

ipconfig /all

Search for "IPv4 Address ..............." What is displayed there should be  192.168.1.105.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, itman said:

If you examine the Eset alert, it states that a server connection is being made to a device on your internal network; i.e. 192.168.1.105. Furthermore, the certificate ID appears to be a registry key location.  Really never seen anything like this.

First, verify that 192.168.1.105 is your Windows assigned IP address. Open a command prompt window and enter the following:

ipconfig /all

Search for "IPv4 Address ..............." What is displayed there should be  192.168.1.105.

The strange thing is 192.168.1.105 isnt my IP after i checked my IPv4 address

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, nlklinh said:

The strange thing is 192.168.1.105 isnt my IP after i checked my IPv4 address

Are you using a proxy server to access the Internet? Are you using a VPN?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, itman said:

Are you using a proxy server to access the Internet? Are you using a VPN?

After reading what u wrote, I searched on google how to disable proxy server on chrome, I saw that  "automatically detect settings" box was checked without my knowing. I just unchecked it and hope that the problem will disappear. Thank you so much for helping me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...