ESET Internet Security 12.1.34.0

Hello community I am in need of some technical help with ESET Internet Security  12.1.34.0, I recently purchased this software and have installed it on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro v1903.

I am encountering a problem after installing ESET Internet Security, I am running the ESET firewall in interactive mode, on and off I am being prompted for instance that Skype needs to access to the web.  I choose allow and create the rule, well I am then alerted by ESET that it failed to create the rule and remains stuck with the popup notification. The only way to get both Skype and Eset notifications to go away is to ctrl+alt+delete Task Manager and stop the skype and eset service, please is anyone else having this problem? This is starting to become a major inconvenience

• Administrators

After choosing to create a rule are you prompted by UAC to elevate privileges? Do you work under an administrator or standard user account?

On 6/29/2019 at 12:51 PM, snowyowl said:

I choose allow and create the rule, well I am then alerted by ESET that it failed to create the rule and remains stuck with the popup notification.

Refer to this Eset Knowledgebase article: https://support.eset.com/kb2352/

Prior to creating the allow rule, click on the "Advanced" text located on the bottom right hand side of the alert window. Make sure the only thing checkmarked for the outbound Skype rule is the program path location.

I suspect the default rule Eset is generating might be IP address/port specific or like this and Skype is connecting each time using different ones.