License Issues

• Most Valued Members

Hello,
I had a running license with my NOD32 Linux , I had to move computers and re-install everything , I have removed the NOD32 from the old system , and  I have installed in the new system once I try to activate I do receive that the username/password are invalid , I can post the username of the license but I don't know if it's allowed if you'd like to check it up , but still I can't use my license nor I can use the other one that I bought for other PCs.

I have bought another license for 3 PCs , but still I can't use it also because I only have it as a cd-key so I need the username and password because I can't put cd-keys in the Linux edition.

Could you please help me with this?

Old License - Solved

New License - Waiting for User/Pass

Edited by Rami

• Most Valued Members
22 minutes ago, Podrska2NORT said:

You need to contact your local ESET distributer/reseller who sold this licecne to you to check it's user/pwd, or go directly to this support page: https://www.eset.com/us/support/lost-license/ to retrieve needed data.

Yes I know that my friend , but unfortunately I buy only cd-keys , so I am only provided with cd-keys , but nevermind the first license I have it , but I can no more use it because it's still stuck on my old installation

second license I have it but I have it without the username and password , and ESET only provides a script that will generate cd-key if you have username and password and not the opposite.

I tried registering the licenses but I get error with registration please contact support.

I am just waiting for ESET Staff to reply to me , they can provide with user and password.

I just wish that ESET Linux do have the option for cd-keys I would have been saved from all of this hassle ..

Edited by Rami

• ESET Insiders

If you bought ESET product in retail with ESET activation code, you should activate it follwing this ESET KB article: https://support.eset.com/kb2664/

If you did so, you must have received your ESET username/password and Licence Key to your e-mail adress, and if in the meantime you have lost this email (licence data) -> proceed to earlier mentioned ESET lost licence web page....

• Most Valued Members

I have managed to get my old license to work again , but I still have a cd-key that I need to switch to username and password

I will wait for ESET staff to reply , thanks @Podrska2NORT

• Administrators

With a CD key you'll need to turn to the seller from whom you received it. Unfortunately you don't have location set in your profile so we have no clue where you are from and cannot recommend the appropriate contact information.

• Most Valued Members

It seems that I have been sold a used license , I will need to contact the seller about that

Thanks for your help everyone.

You can close the topic if you'd like.

Rami, Did you solve your problem yet ?
Here I have the exact same problem:

1. the downloadable latest ESET NOD32 AntiVirus is 4.0.93.x;
  2. this Linux version does NOT accept License Key (Activation Key), and only accept Username & Password;
  3. seems ESET already replaced Username + Password with License Key, as a general policy;
  4. seems no tools for converting License Key back to Username + Password;
  5. seems no newer version of AntiVirus, which accepts License Key, is available for Linux;
  6. seems ESET Customer Service is not responding.

Overall it's quite confusing and I already spent 1/2 day in trying to activate this thing. Now still waiting for ESET CS to reply .....

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Wand Wong said:

Rami, Did you solve your problem yet ?
Here I have the exact same problem:

1. the downloadable latest ESET NOD32 AntiVirus is 4.0.93.x;
  2. this Linux version does NOT accept License Key (Activation Key), and only accept Username & Password;
  3. seems ESET already replaced Username + Password with License Key, as a general policy;
  4. seems no tools for converting License Key back to Username + Password;
  5. seems no newer version of AntiVirus, which accepts License Key, is available for Linux;
  6. seems ESET Customer Service is not responding.

Overall it's quite confusing and I already spent 1/2 day in trying to activate this thing. Now still waiting for ESET CS to reply .....

I have resolved it , forum staff can help you with this , but in my case I had to buy a license directly from ESET or direct eset partner , and not any other reseller , someone will reply to you about this matter , don't worry.

When you buy from a direct partner or directly from ESET , you will be provided with both the username and the cd-key.

oh god, I purchased my license as a paper box from a store, so I shall see if ESET Customer Service can help me on this ... thanks for your info, and all the best to you.

• Most Valued Members
9 minutes ago, Wand Wong said:

oh god, I purchased my license as a paper box from a store, so I shall see if ESET Customer Service can help me on this ... thanks for your info, and all the best to you.

I believe the customer support or a forum staff can help you with your license information

Thank you and all the best to you also :)

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Wand Wong said:

In that case you need to turn to the seller or to your local support with a proof of purchase (e.g. receipt). Activation codes on boxes need to be registered first on the web and then you'll receive a registration email.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

In that case you need to turn to the seller or to your local support with a proof of purchase (e.g. receipt). Activation codes on boxes need to be registered first on the web and then you'll receive a registration email.

😀 I guess my local seller is just a grocery that sells NOD32 as no different from candy.

😀 I guess my local support is just the same ESET but in Traditional Chinese KanJi instead of in English.

😀  The License Key (Activation Key) is already registered, I can see it in my.eset.com, but it can never become the Username and Password that the Linux ver. (4.0.93.x) needs....

😀 Anyway, thanks for info, and now I hope the virus is not knocking on the door of my Linux .....

• Administrators

A private message with your U/P sent. I was able to find your license by your forum's registration email address.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
44 minutes ago, Riquet said:

I have my activation key, but the linux ESET version I have found only takes passwords. What do I do?

Please check your personal messages. I've sent you your U/P privately.