Renewal question.

Started this thread in the General Discussions forum, but it was pointed out that this forum sees more activity and might be a better place for my question. Apologies in advance for starting the same thread in two different places.

Tried renewing the other day (my license runs out in 11 days) and got this message. " The renewal period for this license has expired. You will need to purchase
a new license in order to continue protection with ESET.
" I'm within my renewal period, so I'm a little confused. I opened a case on the 20th and received a case number saying ESET would get back to me within 1 business day. I know I may be jumping the gun, but I want to get this taken care of. If ESET says 1 business day then it should be 1 business day. I've done all of my renewals through the ESET site for the last 5-6 years without a problem. I purchased my last license on 2/19/2013. Still have the receipt. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Well, after I opened a case and received a case number and was told they would get back to me in one business day, I guess I'll try the phone call route. Especially since nobody has gotten back to me in 3 business days. Really disappointing. I've actually never had to try and get a company to keep my business. I'm willing to overlook this, for now, because I've used ESET customer service in the past and have been completely satisfied. ESET has always gotten right back to me and handled my issues promptly and professionally. I hope their phone service/system is handled better than their "case number" system.

Phone update:  Spent 25 minutes on hold. Finally pressed 1 and requested a callback. I fully expect that to go nowhere. Seriously, what does it take to talk to somebody at ESET ? Or get a response to an email ? Maybe I should fly out to ESET USA and knock on the door. All I wanted was to find out why I needed a new license when I'm within my renewal period. Maybe it's a secret. Who knows. If ESET can't handle a simple request like this one, what else can't they handle. Good thing I'm not a business owner with my systems infected and need some quick help. Usually with large companies, poor customer service is the  first sign of a larger problem. Especially when service has been so good in the past. Sorry if I sound snarky and angry, but this is ridiculous. I think it's time ESET and I parted ways.

k.crabbe

To be honest I have no clue why no one have responded to this thread, and I too would be disappointed.

But I do know that you should not need to buy a new license when you are within the renewal period. 

No it's not time for you and ESET to split up. Hang in there and someone will get back to you.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

If you send me a private message with your email address and the username portion of your ESET license part that begins with EAV-##########) I will have someone from the sales department contact you about your renewal.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks SweX and Aryeh. If I do have to buy a new license because of some over-site om my part then that's fine. I'm just 99.99% sure I don't have to. Apologies again for sounding angry, but I was. I looked at some other suites and most are bloated with stuff I don't want. ESET is a perfect fit for my computing needs. Plus I'm comfortable with it.  I've calmed down now and have faith that I'll get an answer. :)

Success ! Thanks Aryeh. Got a phone call today and got everything worked out. Still don't know why it said my license expired, but I renewed and everything is updated. Thanks to everyone here and on the general discussions forum that took time to help me out. It was much appreciated. Still not thrilled with ESET customer service though. Not very responsive. Hopefully it was just a one time thing. That's the way I'm looking at it. Once again, thanks to all. :)

k.crabbe 

Fantastic, I am happy that you got it sorted out. Yes hopefully if you need to contact the support department again at some point in the future it'll work more smoothly straight away.  :)