Duplicate emails in Outlook when ESET integration is enabled

Samoréen

Hi,

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1917-duplicate-emails-in-outlook/

This problem has been reported in 2014. I have provided a lot of log files and the french support has acknowledged the problem, then closed the ticket. Problem still here 5 years later.

If the developers are unable to fix this issue, I'd like to disable ESET integration into Outlook without getting those warning messages stating that my system is at risk. Currently, if I disable integration for all email clients, I get the attached warning. This doesn't make sense. Either I get duplicate messages or I get useless warnings. Please allow me to get rid of this.

eset_mail.JPG

• Administrators

I was unable to briefly find a related bug or other reports of issues with duplicate emails. Does disabling checking upon inbox content change or scanning of read email make a difference?

It is possible that it's a design issue and a new Outlook plug-in that is due to be ready in H2/2019 will ultimately solve the issue.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Does disabling checking upon inbox content change or scanning of read email make a difference?

Checking upon inbox change and scanning of read email are already disabled. Only scanning of received email is enabled. So, to summarize :

- If I enable the Outlook client plugin, I get duplicate emails.
- If I disable all client plugins but leave "Enable email protection by client plugins" checked, I get the warnings about my system being at risk.
-
If I uncheck  "Enable email protection by client plugins", ESET is quiet but I have no protection.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

It is possible that it's a design issue and a new Outlook plug-in that is due to be ready in H2/2019 will ultimately solve the issue.

I'm living with this problem since five years so I guess I can wait for a new version of the plugin (provided it will work with Outlook 2010). All my emails are now going through my Fastmail account before landing in my Outlook inbox. So I guess I will now rely on Fastmail for virus checking and disable this feature in ESET.

• Administrators

I'd suggest raising a support ticket for your local customer care that should provide you with a logging version of the Outlook plug-in. Based on the logs we should be able to confirm that the issue should be solved by the new plug-in and possibly suggest a workaround too.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem and the only work-around I found was to disable the "Read message" analysis by the client plugin. 

I was wondering if it's a good practice and what type of risks I'm exposing my network too by doing that .

Thanks

Hi,

I have switched to Outlook 2019 a few days ago and since then, I have not experienced duplicate messages after re-enabling "Integrate into Microsoft Outlook" and all the scan options except "Sent email".

Keeping fingers crossed...